*I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Little Remedies. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.*
Poor Zane woke up yesterday three days back at 3 AM with a 102 fever. While tender, love, and care is what my little man needs, what he needs more is a way to fight his fever. My go to medicine for both him and Hayley is the Little Remedies line. Once he had his dosing of Little Remedies (For Fevers), he was able to go to sleep and fight his sickness off.
I have been an avid fan of the Little Remedies line since my kids were very young. What I love about their products is they provide a completely safe and effective formula for fighting off various types of sicknesses. As a mom, I get neurotic at times about what I put in their bodies. When I was a new mom, I remember telling me husband that we can’t give them any medicine that might not be safe for them. I was so confused about what was safe or perhaps even necessary. At the time, the doctor recommended I try the Little Remedies line since it contains no artificial flavors, no unnecessary additives, no aspirin/ibuprofen, and no alcohol/saccharin. Ever since that day, I never looked back and swear by the Little Remedies line.
With the Little Remedies line, I know that their ingredients contains exactly what is needed for safe, fast, and effective relief- and nothing more! As a mom, this makes me feel so good knowing that I am doing right to their tiny bodies. Their motto is “Less is More” and they showcase this by their wonderful Little Remedies products.
If you are a mom or dad, I thought I share a few tips to help prevent the spread of germs in your household:
1. Make sure everyone in your family washes their hands thoroughly throughout the day. Hand washing is the #1 germ prevention strategy.
2. Along with hand washing, make sure to wash for a full two minutes. You do not want to do it for 10 seconds, as it will not be effective in ridding germs.
3. If your child is sick, try to isolate other members to prevent the risk of getting sick. I know this is easier said than done, but perhaps try having the healthy child play in their room more, where it is more sterile.
4. Do not share utensils or sippy cups! I know this is common sense but I can’t begin to tell you how many times Hayley accidentally uses Zane’s forks. I really stress also making sure no drinks or food are shared.
5. Once a child, is done being sick, make sure you wash every sheet and item of clothes that they used during that time period. You do not want to risk having the sick child relapse or a healthy child getting sick from germs floating around in the air.
Inevitably kids will get sick, as it is a fact of life. If this is the case, give Little Remedies a try to Say Yes to Less. Little Remedies is encouraging all of us to take the Pledge to Say Yes to Less in any facet of our lives that we might need a little less stress in. Perhaps this is saying yes to less junk..saying yes to less technological distractions…saying yes to less negativity! Little Remedies is encouraging all of us to strive for a simple, healthy way of living: Less of the unnecessary- More of what counts!
The Say Yes to Less Campaign got me thinking to what I would say less to and without hestitation my #1 pledge would be to say yes to less distractions. As you can see in the video below, I tend to spend hours on social media, which interrupts with precious family time. This holiday season, this is all going to change! Come watch:
I took the Little Remedies Say Yes to Less Pledge! For every pledge, Little Remedies will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish! Won’t you join me! To learn more about Say Yes to Less click here: Little Remedies Pledge to say Yes to Less!
This holiday season, a delicious way to spend a sophisticated afternoon with the youngsters, is during teatime. Many hotels including the famed Plaza in New York City, Rittenhouse in Philadelphia and exquisite oceanside resort, Castle Hill Inn in Newport, RI, are offering these special occasions for families.
The Rittenhouse in Philadelphia
Teddy Bear Tea at Mary Cassatt Tea Room
This December, The Rittenhouse will introduce a new experience for its younger guests, Teddy Bear Tea. Soon to become an annual tradition for Philadelphia families, The Rittenhouse invites its youngest patrons and their treasured teddies for a leisurely afternoon tea service featuring sweet and savory petit fours and delicious teddy bear cookies in the recently renovated Mary Cassatt Tea Room. Each child will also receive a complimentary teddy bear to take home. Teddy Bear Tea will be offered every day from Friday, November 29 through Thursday, December 31, and costs $60 for adults and $30 per child. Reservations are required. www.rittenhousehotel.com
The Plaza in New York City
The Rawther Fancy Tea with Santa
During the teas with Santa, guests are welcomed to the Eloise Shop for a lovely tea party, complete withtea sandwiches, fruit, and an assortment of desserts. After the meal and writing letters to Eloise, the children all visit Santa in his workshop where he reads a story everyone (book provided by Eloise) and invite the children to take turns having their picture taken with him. Photos are distributed to the families and the children to take home, along with their favor bag from Eloise. The Rawther Fancy Tea with Santa takes place Fridays, December 6th, 13th, and 20th from 4pm to 5pm at Eloise at The Plaza.www.theplazany.com
Castle Hill Inn in Newport, RI
Fireside Teddy Bear Tea
This December, Castle Hill Inn offers a unique holiday treat for its younger guests – Teddy Bear Tea. A beloved holiday tradition at Castle Hill, little ones are encouraged to arrive with families and their treasured teddy bear, for a leisurely afternoon of delicious warm tea, petit fours and readings of classic holiday books. Families are also encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped teddy bear in original packaging to donate to Newport Child & Family Services. Teddy Bear Tea will take place on December 7, 14 and 21 and costs $25 per adult. Children are complimentary with a teddy bear donation. www.castlehillinn.com
*I will be attending the media tea event in exchange for posting. All my opinions are my own and not swayed by outside sources.*
***I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.***
The holiday season has officially begun and I can count about six holiday celebrations that I am going to in the next four weeks. While I love to cook foods from scratch, stress has gotten the best of me lately, and I want to find easy, delicious and quick holiday appetizers to bring with me to these parties. I want to find easy meal ideas to bring to all the holiday gatherings I am going to attend. One way I am going to do this is by bringing Rich’s SeaPak Shrimp Spring Rolls as the perfect party snack this holiday season. We have bought SeaPak products before, but until recently I never tried the SeaPak Spring Rolls. I seriously can’t believe how much I was missing out by never trying the Spring Rolls. They are unbelievably delicious!
My husband and I both love Asian inspired food, so much so that we traveled to Thailand this summer. We tried a lot of spring rolls there so we had a very good comparison point to see how good the SeaPak Shrimp Spring Rolls truly are. Our first stop was going to Walmart and buying the Rich’s SeaPak Shrimp Rolls, which is conveniently located in our frozen seafood aisle. The packaging was gorgeous and I am pretty sure I was drooling in Walmart just by looking at the package. While it came with a dipping sauce, I decided when I was doing my shopping, that it might be fun to create a Sweet and Sour dip for the Spring Rolls. I picked up all my necessary ingredients and I headed home.
Before bringing them to parties, I was going to do the test and see how it would go over as holiday appetizers, by adding it to my Thanksgiving day menu. On Thanksgiving we generally do the then normal turkey and side dishes, but during football time everyone is always craving a good appetizer. This would be the ideal time in my mind to serve the shrimp rolls.
On Thanksgiving morning when I was preparing the food, I simply took the Shrimp Spring Rolls out of the packaging and let it cook in the oven for around 20 minutes, at 450 degrees. That is it- there is absolutely no preparation to make this appetizer. Rip open the bag, put the Shrimp Spring Rolls on a baking sheet, and then watch them cook in the oven. I know you are probably thinking what I was, that this is way too easy!
While it was cooking, I decided that I was going to make the Sweet and Sour Sauce that I have made before for other dishes. This dip not only tastes delicious, but takes about 15 minutes from start to finish to make! Easy Peasy…..
-1 package SeaPak Spring Rolls
-1 cup pineapple juice
-2/3 cup white or rice vinegar
-1 cup brown sugar
-4 TBLS cornstarch
-2 1/2 cups cold water
1. Cook SeaPak Spring Rolls according to directions on the box.
2. Mix pineapple juice, cornstarch, white vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
3. Stir constantly for 10 minutes until the Sweet and Sour sauce forms a thick consistency.
4. Put in a bowl with the now ready SeaPak Spring Rolls and enjoy!
Just about the time the dip was done, the Rich’s SeaPak Shrimp Rolls were done! I arranged the rolls with the dip on a party platter for an easy, and convenient holiday appetizer. I could not wait to try it, so I delved in right away. I seriously can’t rave enough about these spring rolls! They are absolutely delicious, even without adding a dip. The dip was a great addition but these shrimp rolls truly do stand on their own.
Once it was Thanksgiving time, I set it out on the dining room table and people started eating it as pre-dinner appetizer. It got rave reviews from my entire family. We set up the dining room table, as we always do during the holidays, and our shrimp rolls stood front and center.
The Rich’s SeaPak Shrimp Spring Rolls are perfect for any holiday gathering you may have coming up. They take no time at all to cook and you have to do nothing, other than open the package, bake in the oven, and enjoy. I know the holiday season is extremely stressful and the last thing you want to do is stress over the cooking. Let SeaPak do it all for you with their delicious Shrimp Spring Rolls. Everyone at your holiday parties will be so impressed with them. I can assure you of that! It is also rated as “The 15 Best Frozen Appetizers to Serve at a Party” according to Ladies Home Journal.
If you are interested in trying out the Rich’s SeaPak Spring Rolls, visit Walmart on December 8th (between 1-5 pm) to sample these very delicious rolls! Try the product for yourself and let me know what you think! You can also learn more about Rich’s SeaPak Shrimp Rolls by visiting them on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest today!
Are you looking for those fabulous holiday recipes or entertaining ideas? With the holidays upon us, we could all benefit by learning about recipes, tips on holiday entertaining, baking ideas and more! To make it easier on all of us this holiday season, Price Chopper has all of us covered with their great selections of food and bakery selections. They even have a great promotion going on with their AdvantEdge points program to earn points to receive free Thomas Professional Cookware when you shop at Price Chopper! Sounds amazing, right?!
Have I got your interest piqued? If so, you can join us at the #HolidayAdvantEdge TWITTER PARTY to learn more. Be sure to join us for a fun time and a great conversation!
DATE: Thursday, December 12, 2013
TIME: 11:00 AM-12:00 PM
PRIZES: 5-$100 Price Chopper Gift Cards
BRAND GUEST: @PriceChopper
CO HOSTS: @turningclockbac, @blm03, @Mudpiesandtiara
TWITTER PARTY LIST: http://cbi.as/m69kr
TIPS FOR FOLLOWING PARTY: http://cbi.as/5oac-
Get Ready For the Party by Tweeting Out: Join #HolidayAdvantEdge Twitter Party 12/12 11am ET. Baking Ideas! Prizes $500! Rules http://cbi.as/kllkd #shop #cbias
All you need to do before the party is go ahead and register your twitter info below to be registered for our rocking party on 12/12.
#HolidayAdvantEdge Twitter Party Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU (“ENTRANT” OR “YOU”) MUST AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CREATE A CONTRACT SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
1. Eligibility. The #HolidayAdvantEdge Twitter Party Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States, who have a Twitter account, and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry who receive an invitation to enter. Employees of Collective Bias, Inc. (“Sponsor” and “Administrator”), Golub Corporation d/b/a Price Chopper, and their affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. If you do not have a Twitter account, it is free to create one at www.Twitter.com.
2. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
3. Submission Entry Period. Entrants may make submissions via Twitter following guidelines outlined in How to Enter (“Entry”) between the hours of 11:00 am – 11:55 am ET on Thursday, December 12, 2013 (“Entry Period”). Date and time can change based on Twitter’s status. If date and time are changed entrants will be notified via Twitter using appropriate hashtag (#HolidayAdvantEdge). Sponsor’s clock is the Sweepstakes’ official clock.
4. How to Enter. Enter by RSVPing for the Twitter party at #HolidayAdvantEdge party via this link: http://cbi.as/kllkd, be actively participating in the party by tweeting during the party, following @PriceChopper, @dentistMel, @turningclockbac, @blm03 and @Mudpiesandtiara, and by using the hashtag #HolidayAdvantEdge. To be eligible to win prize(s), Sweepstakes entrants must submit a tweet during the Entry Period using #HolidayAdvantEdge hashtag. Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole and absolute discretion that your Submission fails to conform to these Official Rules.
5. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value and Odds of Winning. Prizes will be limited to five (5) $100 Price Chopper gift cards to be given away during the 1 hour duration of the party on December 12, 2013. Total value of all prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is $500. All winners will be chosen using random.org from the RSVP link and the active tweets during the party. Winners must be present and participating in the party using the hashtag #HolidayAdvantEdge at the time that they are drawn as a winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and active tweets during the party. Winner will be notified via Twitter @ message by @dentistMel during the party on December 12, 2013 and must respond to @dentistMel within 5 minutes of being selected to claim their prize.
a. All Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide a Winner with their Prize, the Sponsor may elect, to provide such Winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value.
b. There is a limit of 1 (one) prize per household during the party. Prizes will be shipped within 4-6 weeks following the end of the Sweepstakes. Each gift card is subject to the terms and conditions set forth on the gift card. Each gift card is redeemable for merchandise only and will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, except where required by law. Each gift card will not be replaced or replenished if it is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without your permission and will be voided if altered or defaced. Winner is responsible for any taxes on prizes awarded.
6. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES (DEFINED BELOW), THEIR ADVERTISING OR SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. Sponsor and Administrator assume no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any cause, including any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet Service Provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mails. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Golub Corporation d/b/a Price Chopper, their respective affiliates and related companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, use or misuse of a prize, participation, or inability to participate in Sweepstakes, any Entries or any Sweepstakes-related activity. Releasees are not responsible for printing errors or for lost, late, unintelligible, misdirected, incomplete, damaged or garbled Entries or any other documents. Releasees are not responsible for any: (a) telephone, computer, hardware, software, programming or interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, network malfunction, or other technical failures or errors, or failure to properly process Entries; (b) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, failure to make Entries or other disruption related to Internet traffic, virus, bug, or non-authorized intervention; or (c) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computer by entering this Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical or electronic. Releasees shall not be liable to any Entrant or any other person for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
7. Governing Law: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN.
8. Consent: UNLESS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, A ENTRANTCONSENTS TO THE USE OF HIS OR HER NAME, LOCATION, LIKENESS, IMAGE, ADDRESS AND/OR PRIZE INFORMATION and/or Sweepstakes entry for promotional and other purposes (including without limitation, commercial purposes) without further payment, except where prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail regarding the Sweepstakes.
10. Miscellaneous: Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time, at its discretion. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a Twitter account by Twitter, who is responsible for assigning all Twitter accounts. Any false information provided within the context of the Sweepstakes by any Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, ownership of right or any other non-compliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the Entry from the Sweepstakes.
11. Winner’s List: For the name of the prize winners, those interested print their name and address on a 3″x 5″ card and mail it in an envelope to: #HolidayAdvantEdge Twitter Party Official Rules, c/o Collective Bias, 205 S. Main Street, Bentonville, AR 72712. Specify “Rules” or “Winner List” on the card. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Sweepstakes end date (listed above) and requests must be received no later than January 31, 2014.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with Twitter. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter.
Sponsor: Collective Bias, Inc., 201 S. Main St., Bentonville, AR 72712.