Of course you all know how much I love Disney! After going to a lot of Disney press junkets and red carpet, there is no doubt that my love even expanded, if that is even possible. With the new Disney’s Jungle Book out today on DVD, I will tell you that this is one movie you do not want to miss out on watching. You can find out more about this movie from my press junket post here: Jungle Cruise.
Disney’s Jungle Cruise, starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt, arrives on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD November 16, TODAY! Jungle Cruise fans can set sail on a rollicking thrill-ride in stunning Ultra HD quality and immersive Dolby Atmos audio, with never-before-seen bonus footage, including 11 deleted scenes, bloopers and featurettes. In addition, families can watch the adventure in a fun, exciting new way with Expedition Mode.
Seeking an ancient tree with healing abilities, Dr. Lily Houghton and wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff team up for the adventure-of-a lifetime on Disney’s Jungle Cruise, a rollicking ride down the Amazon. Amidst danger and supernatural forces lurking in the jungle, secrets of the lost tree unfold as their fate—and mankind’s—hangs in the balance.
Disney’s Jungle Cruise Bonus Features*
- Jungle Cruise Expedition Mode– Climb aboard a ramshackle tramp steamer (or your own couch) to learn fun facts, discover Easter eggs and catch some pop-up trivia throughout the movie.
- It’s A Jungle Out There: Making Jungle Cruise– Director Jaume Collet-Serra, the cast and crew discuss the importance of the film’s elements, from casting to makeup to the use of an ancient indigenous language, in creating the world that honors one of Disneyland’s most beloved rides.
- Dwayne And Emily: Undoubtedly Funny– Go on-set with the two stars, whose new-found friendship helped them project a natural onscreen chemistry. Although their characters challenge each other throughout the film, the actors make each other laugh. A lot!
- Creating The Amazon– Explore the cinematic artistry involved in creating the world of Jungle Cruise, including how Frank’s boat coursed “dangerous” water in a tank in Atlanta, how a town was built in Kauai, and how a ferocious jaguar came to life, among other amazing effects.
- Once A Skip, Always A Skip– Join a panel of “Skippers” at the Disneyland Resort as they reminisce about the rewards, challenges and surprises they’ve experienced while helming the world-famous Jungle Cruise attraction, and hear their advice to aspiring skippers everywhere!
- Outtakes– Step behind the scenes of the production to catch the cast in a series of flubs, falls, foibles — and a whole lot of laughter.
- Deleted Scenes
- MacGregor Drives The Boat
- MacGregor Water Skis
- Joachim And Nilo On The Dock
- Frank Talks To Proxima & Lily’s Nightmares
- Sub Gets Stuck
- Proxima Surprises MacGregor
- Frank Gets The Cold Shoulder
- Trader Sam And Lily Walk In The Jungle
- MacGregor And Trader Sam Say Goodbye
- Frank Makes Tea For Lily
- The Backside Of Water
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Dwayne Johnson as Frank Wolff
Emily Blunt as Lily Houghton
Edgar Ramírez as Aguirre
Jack Whitehall as MacGregor Houghton
Jesse Plemons as Prince Joachim
Paul Giamatti as Nilo
Veronica Falcón as Trader Sam
John Davis, p.g.a.
Beau Flynn, p.g.a.
John Fox, p.g.a.
Danny Garcia, p.g.a.
Hiram Garcia, p.g.a.
Dwayne Johnson, p.g.a.
Douglas C. Merrifield
Lacey Darlene Paulson
David H. Venghaus Jr.
James Newton Howard
This was a very enjoyable movie for the whole family. Everyone from my oldest to my youngest loved this movie. In this movie, Dwayne Johnson is the boat captain Frank “Skipper” Wolff while Emily Blunt plays Lily Houghton, who hired Frank to guide their way. These two feed off of each other with their conversations and love/hate relationship.
This film showcases a great action adventure film. There is some silliness combined with fun all wrapped up in this movie. Through their perilous journey and quest through the Amazon, the character development and plot analysis was fantastic. There is a storytelling that could be outside the realm but for those seeking adventure, it is good to go into this with your minds open. This is an easy movie to follow along with and great for all generations. Grab that popcorn and enjoy Disney’s The Jungle Cruise.