*Sponsored and written by Funds2Org.*
Many of us are parents or grandparents. Did you know that there’s a cool way to raise money for schools, boosters, youth athletic clubs and other groups? Mud runs are fun and easy in so many ways. A mud run is an obstacle course with mud. Some mud runs are competitive and timed races for adults. Typically, when kids are involved, they’re a cool way for kids to have fun, organizations to raise money, and increase team and community spirit.
When my daughter was a little girl, I remember not liking it very much when she came home with the fundraising envelope. I had to sell candy, cookie dough, candles and wrapping paper. I learned to just write a check. I ended up with boxes of stuff, which I gave away to anyone who would take it. The fact of the matter was I didn’t want empty calories and things I didn’t need in my home.
At the time, I was in the footwear business. Little did I know that my experience fundraising as a dad and my knowledge of the shoe business would align in a unique way. After the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, I became a philanthropist. And eventually, I created a for-profit social enterprise called Funds2Orgs. It helps groups fundraise and make a social impact. I wanted to help others like me raise money and make a difference. Since its founding, this business has worked with thousands of partners on shoe drive fundraisers.
As opposed to candy sales or asking anyone for money, a mud run shoe drive with us works differently. We understand that so many schools and groups have limited budgets and we’re committed to service, and to not having any out-of-pocket costs. But, you don’t have to take our word for it, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. That service comes in the way of the following support:
- A team of fundraising coaches to work with you through your mud run fundraiser.
- The shoe collection, digital promotion and marketing materials.
- We’ll pick-up the shoes from the location where they’re stored.
- We’ll issue a check within 2 business days of the shoes being received and processed at our warehouse.
When you do a shoe drive, you (and the world) receives so much.
- Your school, educational and group get to raise money in a fun and easy way with one of our fundraising ideas. You can do a mud run fundraiser or one of our other shoe drives.
- The shoes are consolidated by us and shipped to micro-entrepreneurs (small business owners) in developing nations. They seek a path out of poverty and selling shoes is one way they can create their own economic opportunity.
- Did you know over 600 million shoes are thrown into landfills in the U.S. each year? Shoe drive fundraisers are a great way for people to get rid of unwanted shoes.
Are you wondering how a shoe drive or mud run shoe fundraiser with Funds2Orgs can help you? Find out what we can do for you.
And, as promised, here’s an awesome give-away to get you started!