*This is a sponsored post. All my opinions are my own and not swayed by outside sources. *
My son has terrible allergies, so my husband and I have been looking for a dog for my son that will gel with his allergies. In the meantime, I’ve been talking with my sister about her dog and how she makes sure they leave a healthy lifestyle. One thing she told me is that a healthy lifestyle for a dog begins with a healthy lifestyle with its owner.
Interesting Facts About A Healthy Lifestyle with a Pet
Before we get into tips on how to have a healthy lifestyle for you and your pet, I’ve got some interesting statistics regarding the subject. All of these came from the Milk-Bone Human-Canine Health Study, and I find them quite interesting.
- 45% of dog parents said they were “active, fit, and healthy”, while only 29% of non-dog parents said the same
- 44% of dog parents said they have a “healthy structure and daily routine” while only 33% of non-dog parents said the same
- 24% of pet parents give their dogs vitamins, food, or treats as the same time that they take the same
- 1 out of 3 dog parents are concerned that their dog doesn’t get enough of the nutrients it needs due to nutritional gaps
- 1 out of 3 dog parents want their dog to be more physically active
- 55% of dog parents said their lives are “full of happiness and joy”, while only 39% of non-dog parents answered simliarly
- 54% of dog parents reported “feeling loved”, while only 35% of non-dog parents felt the same
These are interesting statistics, because they show the deep emotional and physical connection that dogs and their owners have with each other. It only makes sense that a healthy lifestyle should be maintained by both owners and their dogs.
Healthy Lifestyle Tips for Your Furry Friend
It only makes sense that a healthy lifestyle for a dog begins with its owner. I mean, unless we take our dogs out or get them interested in play, they’re not going to do it. They’re stuck in the house, and they can’t open doors, after all. So here are a few tips to help both you and your dog lead a happy, healthy lifestyle. In fact, a study conducted by the Milk-Bone Human-Canine Health Study of 3,000 U.S. dog parents, parents who include their dogs in family health routines lead healthier lives themselves.
Exercise is important for both you and your dog. It keeps you both in shape and wards off the extra pounds. That’s important for dogs, because if they aren’t active enough, they can easily get portly. Something as simple as extended that morning potty break into an actual walk can help both you and your dog get in some exercise. Instead of keeping your pooch out for just the time it takes them to go potty, consider lengthening that into a brisk, half hour walk to really get the blood moving. It’s a great way to help your dog stay in shape and get you moving.
Just like us, dogs need to eat food that’s good for them. A healthy lifestyle for you and your dog includes quality food. Just like fast food burgers and the like are bad for us, that bargain basement food at the store that your dog will almost certainly devour is terrible for the little guy or girl. You should eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, get in your whole grain, and get your protein in. You should feed your dog a high quality dog food that your vet recommends. Doing both of these will heavily contribute to a healthy lifestyle for both you and your dog.
Take Your Vitamins
Vitamin supplements are important to a healthy lifestyle for both you and your dog. Take a good multivitamin everyday to ensure that you fill in any gaps that your diet might have missed. The same holds true for your dog. Make Milk-Bone Good Morning Daily Vitamin Treats a part of your dog’s healthy lifestyle, as well.
Good Morning Daily Vitamin Treats are specially formulated with nutrients not found in most dog foods. These nutrients support your dog’s health and longevity, and there are different varieties for different needs. And real chicken is always the first ingredient.
- Healthy Joints – Supports an aging dog’s immune system, brain health, digestion, and metabolism with DHA, Vitamin C, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and antioxidants.
- Total Wellness – Supports immune system and brain, heart, and digestion health with Beat-Carotene, Vitamin C, Betain, DHA, Taurine, and fiber.
- Healthy Aging – Supports immune system, metabolism, brain health, and digestion with Beta-Carotene, DHA, and fiber.
A Healthy Lifestyle is Good for You AND Your Dog
It’s important for both you and your dog to lead a healthy lifestyle. You’ll both feel better, look better, and live longer. And it starts with the tips above. A healthy lifestyle is an overall journey, and no one thing should go over looked. Both of you should eat healthy foods, exercise, and take your supplements, and Milk Bone Daily Vitamin Treats are the perfect supplement for any dog. Visit Milk Bone’s Daily Vitamin Treats website to learn more about how their treats can help your dog lead a healthy lifestyle.
valmg @ Mom Knows It All says
Those are some interesting facts. Our puppy Dobby loves his treats madly. When our oldest gives him a treat he always makes sure to give the cat a treat also, as he wants them to be treated equally.
Kim Croisant says
I’ve got my healthy lifestyle down and am working on my pets now. Still trying to find the right pet for for them as well as supplements. Seems my backyard grass is giving them fits.
Travel Blogger says
We love our dog, she is part of the family and numerous walks to the dog park each day definitely keep up active.
Amanda K says
We have two shelter dogs and proper nutrition is a must! We recently tried the Milk-Bone brushing bones and it is amazing how well they work and keep the teeth clean