I am so excited to let you know that Disney Monsters University is officially available on DVD!! Are you as excited as I am! My kids love Monster U, so much so, that we all decided to go as Sulley and Mike this Halloween!
Anyway, our love for Monster U is through the roof in our household. We have seen the movie as a family not one, not two, but three times in the theatre. The movie is so unbelievably good, which is why we are excited to officially own it and add to our Disney DVD repoirtore!
Ever since college-bound Mike Wazowski (voice of Billy Crystal) was a little monster, he has dreamed of becoming a Scarer—and he knows better than anyone that the best Scarers come from Monsters University (MU). But during his first semester at MU, Mike’s plans are derailed when he crosses paths with hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley” (voice of John Goodman), a natural-born Scarer. The pair’s out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University’s elite Scare Program. To make matters worse, they realize they will have to work together, along with an odd bunch of misfit monsters, if they ever hope to make things right. “Monsters University” bravely explores themes of self-discovery and the revelations that come with growing up.
Joining Crystal and Goodman as part of “Monsters University’s” monstrously talented voice cast are Steve Buscemi (voice of Randy Boggs), Helen Mirren (voice of Dean Hardscrabble), Alfred Molina (voice of Professor Knight), Charlie Day (voice of Art), Sean P. Hayes (voice of Terri Perry), Dave Foley (voice of Terry Perry), Nathan Fillion (voice of Johnny Worthington) and Aubrey Plaza (voice of Claire Wheeler). Featuring a score from recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and award-winning composer Randy Newman (“Monsters, Inc.,” “Toy Story 3”), MU also includes music from Axwell and Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia.
Bonus Materials Overview for These Products:
4-Disc Blu-ray 3-D Superset (3D + 2BD + DVD + Digital Copy)
3-disc Blu-ray 2-D Superset (2BD + DVD + Digital Copy)
3-Disc Blu-ray 2-D Combo Pack (2 BD + DVD)
Rivalry – Monsters University BTS on Disney Video
High-Definition & Standard Definition Digital
- Bonus offerings vary per select digital retailers
- Campus Life – What’s it like being on a production crew at Pixar? Get a look at a day in the life of the “Monsters University” crew through their own eyes.
- Story School – This documentary examines the challenges of creating a prequel as well as themes that run through the story, and the change in focus from Sulley to Mike. We’ll also look at how gags are developed – from writing jokes to brainstorming a million ideas, only 5% of which actually end up in the movie.
- Scare Games – At Pixar, we play hard while we work. The same people who keep the film production moving – producers, managers, coordinators and artists – are also the ones who bring spirit and excitement to some of our extracurricular activities. We check out the MU production teams as they go head to head in the mostly playful Pixar Scare Games competitions.
- Welcome to MU – Sets aren’t just buildings, they are the worlds our characters live in and explore. This look at the Monsters University campus and its development is told from the perspective of the artists who created each piece of the campus from the architecture to the ivy leaves. .
- Music Appreciation – Randy Newman’s scores are a mainstay of Pixar films, and this documentary will give you a privileged look at his creative process. We follow the “Monsters University” scoring process from spotting to writing and on to the scoring session. including special college-themed recording sessions.
- Scare Tactics – Animators are actors who digitally bring the characters to life. In this look at how the MU animation team worked, you’ll see their process of how they channeled their own monster-selves and created moments on screen that were really funny, really scary and also really serious, sometimes all at the same time.
- Color and Light – How can a single painting set the tone for an entire scene? We’ll look at the creation of the colorscripts and how they were realized technically in the final film. Along with the process, this piece explores the many layers of technical innovation required to produce such a naturalistic feel.
- Paths to Pixar – MU Edition – When one door closes, sometimes another door opens – one with an even more exciting opportunity behind it. Members of the MU crew tell their own compelling backstories and share the challenges they overcame along their paths to Pixar.
- Furry Monsters: A Technical Retrospective – Explore the difficulties in creating characters that are 20 years younger with tools that are 10 years more advanced in this contrasting look at the differing technical challenges that arose when making “Monsters, Inc.,” and “Monsters University.”
- Deleted Scenes – Four separate scenes – “Rivalry,” “Recon,” “Movie Night,” and “Drama Class” – are highlighted with an introduction from director Dan Scanlon.
- “The Blue Umbrella” – This animated short film from Pixar Animation Studios, directed by Saschka Unseld and produced by Marc Greenberg, played in theaters in front of “Monsters University.” “The Blue Umbrella” tells the story of an evening commute in which the rain starts to fall and the city comes alive to the sound of dripping rain pipes, whistling awnings and gurgling gutters. And in the midst, two umbrellas—one blue, one not—fall eternally in love.
- Additional Bonus Features – Audio Commentary, Promo Picks, College Campaign, Theatrical Campaign, Set Flythroughs, Art Gallery and more!
Recon – Monsters University Deleted Scene on Disney Video
Disney Monster University is one of Hayley and Zane’s favorites! At first I was nervous that it might be too adult-like with a college theme but boy was I wrong! When Hayley and Zane saw their beloved Mike Wazoski entering into school on the first day of Monster U, they were immediately glued to the screen. The scenes of the school and the amazing monsters throughout the movie were incredible! Along with most Disney movies, it teaches the lessons of friendships, hard work, trying your hardest to succeed, and never judging one another! Your kids will absolutely LOVE Monster U! I can promise that! This sequel is just as good than the original, and might even be slightly better (if that is even possible)! Pick up your copy of Monster University today.
*We received an advanced copy from Disney. All my opinions are my own and not swayed by outside sources.*
Kasandria Reasoner says
LOVE this movie and your costume is AWESOME!!! I want to be sully!
Kathleen Kennedy-Leon says
LOVE all of your costumes and pictures!!! Can’t wait to buy the DVD!!
Michelle F. says
I love the costumes! We never saw the 3D, we previewed this in 2D which was very interesting to see a work in progress. We do love Mike and Sully!
OMGoodness, you guys look adorable! I have watched this movie over 4x, I swear I just love it so colorful and such an awesome plot! Love it!
I LOVE all the costumes!! Definitely did a great job on those.
Love this movie! Can’t wait to own it.
Carol L says
Love your pictures. My grandsons can’t get enough of this movie so owning it means they can watch continuously. 🙂
Thanks for the chance.