If you are looking for another great movie suggestion, give The King’s Man a try today.
ABOUT THE KING’S MAN:
From masterful filmmaker Matthew Vaughn, The King’s Man explores the mythology of the very first independent intelligence agency. Set in the historic WWI era, the lethal yet impeccably trained spies take on the ultimate mission to save the fate of humanity. Add the film to your Kingsman collection on Digital today!
Set during WWI, The King’s Man tells the exhilarating origin story of Kingsman, the world’s very first independent intelligence agency. As a collection of history’s worst tyrants and criminal masterminds gather to plot a war to wipe out millions across the globe, one man must race against time to stop them.
- The King’s Man: The Great Game Begins Documentary
- A Generation Lost – Discover how the filmmakers created a richly textured story that explores the origins of the Kingsman spy organization.
- Oxfords and Rogues – Meet the phenomenal new cast of characters Matthew Vaughn has assembled.
- All the World’s a Stage – Delve into the meticulous world-building of THE KING’S MAN with interviews, on-location footage, artwork, and details of on-set construction and design.
- Instruments of War – Experience the analog spy tech and early 20th century weaponry utilized in THE KING’S MAN and see a breakdown of the precise execution and evolution of the major stunts and combat in the film.
- Fortune Favors the Bold – Join Matthew Vaughn and his team for music scoring and sound design.
- Long Live the Kingsman – Cast and crew reveal their thoughts about their collective journey through the very special experience of making THE KING’S MAN.
- No Man’s Land – Experience the creative process behind the harrowing knife battle sequence in several stages: rehearsals, storyboards, interviews and on-set footage, culminating with the atmospheric VFX.
- Remembrance and Finding Purpose – Learn about amazing organizations such as The Royal British Legion and Help for Heroes, two U.K.-based resources for recovery, well-being and employment for military veterans. Also hear why Matthew Vaughn strongly supports their mission.
Ralph Fiennes as Orlando Oxford
Gemma Arterton as Polly
Rhys Ifans as Grigori Rasputin
Matthew Goode as Morton
Tom Hollander as King George / Kaiser Wilhelm / Tsar Nicholas
Harris Dickinson as Conrad Oxford
Daniel Brühl as Erik Jan Hanussen
Djimon Hounsou as Shola
and Charles Dance as Kitchener
Matthew Vaughn, David Reid and Adam Bohling
Mark Millar, Dave Gibbons, Stephen Marks, Claudia Vaughn and Ralph Fiennes
Matthew Vaughn & Karl Gajdusek
Matthew Margeson & Dominic Lewis
Based on the comic book
“The Secret Service” by Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons
This action packed prequel is one not to be missed. Rhys Ifans and Ralph Fiennes are simply amazing in this take of the King’s Man. While is revolves around a war movie, there are many action scenes which are simply divine. There is some confusion on my end which genre the movie wanted to portray as I saw action, comedy, war, and thriller all mixed together. The first half of the movie versus the second half seemed out of disconnect but overall made it work. However, I found the movie entertaining and both my husband and I were very interested from start to finish. We have not watched the other films in this series but now we are interested in checking them out. I give King’s Man 3/5 stars.