Edible St. Patrick’s Day Slime!! Slime is all the rage and now I have a fun recipe for Edible St. Patrick’s Day Slime! My kids love making slime and thought what better time than now, to have some fun making green slime. This slime is completely safe to eat but it is really meant to be played with. Let’s have some fun for St. Patrick’s Day!
If you are looking for a great Edible St. Patrick’s Day Slime, give this one a try today!
Edible St. Patrick’s Day Slime
1 tbs. Powdered fiber supplement containing psyllium
1 c. warm water
1 package of green powdered drink mix
Green food coloring
- Place the warm water and 1 tbs. Of powdered fiber supplement in a large microwave safe bowl. The mixture will rise in the microwave, so make sure it has room to do so in the bowl. Be careful to use a fiber supplement like Metamucil that has psyllium as an ingredient, as that is what makes the slime form.
- Add one package of green powdered drink mix to the bowl and stir until completely dissolved. This will add additional scent to your slime and give it some color other than orange. If you would like a deeper color of green, add some food coloring.
- Place the mixture in the microwave and cook for 4 minutes. If your microwave is greater than 1,100 watts, you might want to put the mixture in for just 3 minutes.
- Take the mixture out and stir well.
- Place the mixture back into the microwave and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir the mixture again and set it off to the side to cool.
- The slime will look like water at first, but as it cools down, it will start to take shape.
- Once cooled, you can play with your slime. This slime does leave some residue behind on your hands, but it does not color your hands, and it is easily washed off with warm water.