With the winter cold fading and warmer weather approaching, it’s the right time to start planning a spring and summer getaway with the family. In response to key insights learned through a commissioned study of 2,000 U.S. parents, Embassy Suites Hotels launched today #PrettyGreat Family Travel Hacks Online Community – designed to make family travel planning easier and help them get the most out of their vacations.
Surprising Key Insights and Statistics from Commissioned Study:
· Millennial parents take trips with their kids significantly more than older generations, with 38 percent doing so more than three times a year vs. 27 percent of Generation X and Baby Boomers
· More than 30 percent of Millennial parents often bring other family members on vacation with 31 percent of them choosing to bring a grandparent(s)
· The number of children in a family does not impact the number of family trips taken per year. Nearly 77 percent of families travel at least once a year whether they have one child or 3+ children. Thirty percent of families travel more than 3 three times per year whether they have one child or three children.
· Younger parents and those with younger kids are more likely to cite lack of vacation time at work as a barrier to family travel (33% of Millennials, 38% with a child one year-old or younger vs. 27% of Baby Boomers, 27% with 15- to 17-year-olds).
· Nearly 25 percent of parents most look forward to not having to cook while on vacation.
Armed with surprising insights and research about family travel, Embassy Suites #PrettyGreat Family Travel Hacks online community will provide parents fun and useful “hacks” to make trips with the kids easier and more fun. Parents can post their own battle-tested hacks for the chance to win one of eight one-night stays to the Embassy Suites hotel of their choice, awarded weekly from March 19 through May 14, 2015.
**About Embassy Suites Hotels:
Embassy Suites Hotels, one of Hilton Worldwide’s twelve market-leading brands, is dedicated to delivering what matters most to travelers. The full service, upscale brand offers every guest a two-room suite, free cooked-to-order breakfast and a nightly two-hour reception with complimentary drinks* and snacks. Both leisure and business travelers looking for a relaxed, yet sophisticated, experience will feel right at home with brand-standard amenities like inviting atriums and complimentary 24-hour business and fitness centers. Embassy Suites Hotels has 219 hotels with 40 in the pipeline. For more information, visit www.embassysuites.com, and connect with Embassy Suites at news.embassysuites.com, Fb and Twitter.