I always say to my husband, “Honey..Can’t they add a 25th hour to the clock.” Obviously the answer is no, but wouldn’t that be amazing. As a mom, dentist, blogger, and wife, there is hardly enough time to get everything done in my day. I try to plan to the best of my abilities but inevitably I end the day feeling stressed that my agenda for the day was not complete. Sound familiar?
I decided to make a short list of time-saving tips that might help one balance time better throughout the day. Feel free to try them out, as I will be doing that myself too!
1. Prepare food the night before and decide on the menu for the next day. I always come home from work and get frazzled because I don’t have any ideas what I am going to make for dinner. If I plan ahead and schedule my meals, it would make my life much easier.
2. In the same token, make sure all the kids and I have our clothes out the night before. I seem to always struggle with finding outfits to wear at the last minute. An extra 10 minutes at night, would be a lifesaver for the morning rush.
3. Get off of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media throughout the entire day. I am totally guilty of this but staying on Facebook is not doing much, in terms of getting things done for the day. Don’t get me wrong I love to browse all social media sites, but from now on, I am only going to allow myself to do this at certain points of the day, rather than having it on all day!
4. Buy grocery in bulk! I have found by doing this you are saving time from running to the grocery store everyday. I no longer have to waste precious family time on a Sunday night going to our grocery store, when I already did bulk shopping the week before.
5. Organize!!! You might not realize how much time you spend searching for products in your house. I know I am always looking for my shoes…my contacts..my phone. By allowing yourself to organize and have a space for everything, it will be much easier in the long run.
These are just some of my own personal tips to share. However, there is a great website called My Time Heroes that wants you to have some time to sit down and relax, by offering some great time-saving tips. It will help you get that extra hour in the day and allow one to be happy in the process. The website offers expert timesaving tips for homeowners, and encourages consumers to share their own best timesaving techniques. They will offer expert advise from many wonderful brands including Terminix, TruGreen, American Home Shield, ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids, Furniture Medic and AmeriSpec. I highly suggest you check out My Time Heroes for all their great advice.
In addition, they have a fantastic promotion going on. They have a simple, six question survey where you will have the chance to win one of three weekly $150 prizes – or a $500 grand prize – all while learning to do more in less time with less stress. I just did it and it is really so easy to do! Wouldn’t it be amazing if you or I won!
Starting now through the week leading up to Daylight Saving Time on March 10, three weekly winners will be randomly selected to receive prizes of $150 each. A grand prize winner will be announced Sunday March10, just as the clocks spring forward!
Do you have any time-saving tips??
*This is a partnered post. All my opinions are my own and not swayed by outside sources.