If you celebrate Easter, these cookies will have your guests wanting more and more. I hope you enjoy the recipe!
1 stick butter (8 Tablespoons ) at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Wilton coarse sparkling sugar crystals
1 bag jelly beans
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar. Cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
4. Mix in the egg yolk, baking powder, almond extract and salt until well incorporated.
5. Gradually, add the flour into the mixture and beat on medium speed until a dough begins to form. NOTE: the dough will be very coarse.
6. Because the dough is so course, you will need to use your hands to form the dough into small 1 inch balls.
7. Roll each cookie dough ball into a bowl filled with coarse sugar, covering each ball in sugar.
8. Place the balls of dough onto the cookie sheets at least 2 inches apart.
9. Bake for 10 minutes exactly.
10. Leave cookies on the cookie sheet for five minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool.
11. Before they completely cool, gently press a jellybean into the middle of each cookie.