Just last week, I had the fire department over to my house. I accidentally cooked a macaroni and cheese cup for my daughter, without adding water. I put it in the microwave, put it on for 2 minutes, and went to the bathroom. When I came back to my house, there was a fire in the microwave. Panicked, I automatically used the that I had on hand and went to attend to the fire. I also called the fire department, as I was alone that night, and wanted them to check out the house, before we retired for night.
Luckily we are very prepared for fires, but it never hurts to go over the safety precautions with your children yearly. Sit them down and talk to them about what to do in the case of an emergency. You never know when an fire emergency will hit and it is good to be overly prepared than not prepared enough. We have many fire safety products in our house including fire safety blanket, fire extinguishers, and smoke detectors. Yearly, I make sure all of these products are up to date in my household and nothing is expired.
While thankfully, I have only had to use my safety fire products once, I know that they are there in the rare case of an emergency. My daughter is very fearful of fire so I need to talk to her about fire all the time, so she does not panic in a rare emergency. A fire emergency is a very scary situation to be in, but one that can certainly happen. Be sure to have an effective fire safety procedure in your household at all times! Talk to your kids about fire…make sure everyone is safe! As the saying goes, “It is better to be overly safe..then sorry.”
*This is guest post. All my opinions are my own and not swayed by outside source.