It is full on Girl Scout Cookie season. If you are like me, you have ordered tons of Girl Scout cookies and if you are like me, all of them are Thin Mints. So to celebrate the Girl Scout cookie season, I have a delicious recipe for a Thin Mint Truffle Recipe! Enjoy!
1. Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place the Thin Mints cookies in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add the softened cream cheese. Mix well. (You may find it easier to just use your hands).
4. Cover and chill for 15 minutes for easier handling.
5. Roll the chilled cookie mixture into 1 inch balls and place on the lined cookie sheet.
6. Freeze for 10 minutes.
7. Melt the dark cocoa candy melts in a double boiler or a Wilton melting pot. For the double boiler, warm the candy melts under medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth.
9. Immediately sprinkle the truffle ball with the dark and light green jimmies. NOTE: The chocolate hardens fast because the truffles were in the freezer. I ended up dipping one truffle at a time and sprinkling it with jimmies before moving onto the next truffle.