Hello to all of the loyal readers of The Mommyhood Chronicles! My name is Heather, from Between the Chaos. I am a coffee drinking, type A mom to Claire (3.5) and Natalie (19 months). My husband Ryan and I are High School Sweethearts who live in Michigan and I am a full-time sales rep. I am again to excited to share our laughs with you while Melissa is on vacation. There will not be an official link-up this week, but feel free to share your laughs in the comments!
5. I absolutely love our daycare provider! I am so thankful to have someone in our life to love and care for our girls while I am at work. Miss Cynthia often sends me text messages to share funny stories about the girls. So this one came directly from her. They were talking about matching and Claire said, “Miss Cynthia, my shirt matches your phone’s suitcase!” And yes, Miss Cynthia has a pink phone case.
4. Claire has been very inquisitive about mixing colors as of late. She is constantly asking, “If I mix color A and color B together, what color do I get?” Typically, she asks color combinations such as pink and orange or purple and green. She asked one color mix that I had no idea, so I told her that I wasn’t sure what color it would make. She then informed me, “Daddy knows everything about colors, maybe you should ask him.” I cracked up, Ryan is not the foremost color expert in our house – at all!
3. Ryan had taken the girls next door to his mom’s house. They tore into the house and ran straight for the play room. Grandma wasn’t expecting them and had put their unwrapped Christmas gifts in the room. Grandma quickly told them to stop and Ryan followed up with, “Grandma’s underwear are in there, you don’t want to see them!” This kept the girls out. When they came home, Claire told me, “Mom, Grandma’s underwear were out so we couldn’t play in our room. We did NOT want to see that!”
2. My family has this awesome tradition of group Black Friday shopping. We make a list of all our needs, a plan to hit each department and then we divide and conquer. We always have a blast, laughing more than people around us probably appreciate. My mom always ensures we have Christmas music playing. When The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) came over the radio, my mom and I instantly cracked up. We then had to share with the ladies the reason behind our laughter. When my dad (Jeff) was younger, he thought the song opened with, “Jeff’s nuts roasting over an open fire…” Needless to say, whenever we hear that song we think of my dad and laugh. At midnight, this was seriously hysterical and we cackled like crazy!
1. I don’t need to say much with this laugh, Natalie spent the majority of her time at Grandma’s doing the same thing over and over! This video is long – I couldn’t figure out how to trim it from my phone and the multiple apps that I tried didn’t work. So make sure you watch the first 15 seconds.
Thanks for allowing me to host the laughs this week Melissa! Enjoy your vacation!!
Livivua c says
Welcome, Heather! Thanks for covering for Melissa. Love your blog name and bio 🙂
Thanks Meredith! Nice to ‘meet’ you!
Hi Mama! I love your pic and bio! So lovely! Thanks for hosting! Your girls are too cute! 🙂
Awe thanks Candice 🙂 I can’t wait to read about Rhody!!
This week my laughs are about our almost 5 month old golden retriever! http://www.thenewmodernmomma.com/2012/12/saturdays-top-5-laughs-rhody-the-pup.html
The Stickney's says
#4 is fantastic! I bet Ryan was tons of help! ;0) Nat has some pretty awesome dance moves! I think you need to have a princess dance party when we come up this summer! Have a great weekend!
Carrie I think a princess dance party would be an absolute blast! Let’s make it happen!!
Here I offer The Indisputable Proof That I Was In Fact a Child Nerd.
What about you?
Oh, and one more …
Plan Your Christmas Dinner Around KETCHUP!
Haha love them!