I have to say that I never heard of Fit Brains until recently and now I am addicted. If you have never heard of Fit Brains, it is a top online brain fitness platform where you can play online games that stimulate your minds. I know as a mom, I have so many times where I can’t even remember what I did yesterday. I am sure you can all related. Slowly, I feel my mind is deteriorating a little bit at a time, and by using Fit Brains, I can help stimulate my mind.
Fit Brains, launched in 2008, has had more than 5 million people train their brains with over 75 million brain games played.
At the core, they combine casual games and lifestyle tools to improve a person’s quality of life through activity, awareness and motivation.
- Fit Brains, Vivity Labs’s first product, launched in 2008, is an online brain fitness platform featuring fun and engaging games that help users of all ages maximize and round-out brain skills in an entertaining fashion. The games, designed by neuroscience professionals, have been specifically developed to exercise the five key cognitive areas of the brain: language, memory, executive functions, visual and spatial skills, and concentration. The site also provides a portfolio of 30 casual games, personalized tracking and recommendations, and a motivational rewards system. The award-winning Neuroscientist Dr. Paul Nussbaum is the co-founder of Fit Brains.
- Fit Brains games have been played on Prevention.com, myLifetime.com, Reader’s Digest.com, Yahoo, MSN, and more.
I recently got offered a one week trial of Fit Brains. When I went on the site, I registered which took no time at all. Once I registered I was offered a training session which tested the different areas of my brain. I was provided different exercises such as figuring out what object is not like the other, ordering the correct numbers/letters, and finding matches. It will then give you a breakdown of your problem solving game, as well as suggestions, of what I could do to improve it.
Then I was ready to begin the games! There are problem solving, language, concentration, memory, and visual games. Under each section, there is a list of games that go with each topic. I swear to you, that playing these games, you will become addictive but in a good way. I have a pretty good memory but these games really me delve deep and see how good my memory truly is. For example one of my favorite memory games allows for various health benefits including the following
Health Benefits of this Game
- Strengthens your ability to recall objects you’ve placed around the house.
- Improves your ability to recognize beneficial facts and information.
- Increases your power to maintain the quality and clarity of your life.
Each game played is around 30 minutes but you can play less if you like. In each game, it gives various instructions how to play. Once you have read them, you are on your way to testing out the cognitive abilities of your brain. It is truly a fascinating concept! There is also a whole community where you can see members scores and potentially play with them.
I highly recommend Fit Brains, especially for us moms, who need a boost with our cognitive abilities. It is truly a fun, and also rewarding gaming system. Fit Brains is comprised of scientifically-designed brain games that stimulate and strengthen five key areas of the brain: language, memory, executive functions, visual and spatial skills and concentration. The site includes a portfolio of 30 casual games, personalized tracking and recommendations, and a motivational rewards system. The award-winning Neuroscientist Dr. Paul Nussbaum is the co-founder of Fit Brains and Chief Scientific Officer.
*A Fit Brains App is in the works too and should be expected to be released this fall.*
*This is a partnered post. As always, all my opinions are my own and not swayed by outside sources.