*This is a sponsored post with P +G. All my opinions are my own and not swayed by outside sources.*
This past weekend was weekend #1 of our first big road trip with baby Taylor and our two other children (age 4 and 6). We were off to visit grandma in New Jersey which is a LONG road trip! Taylor is 10 months old so it is not the easiest age to travel with, let alone take a 5 hour car trip with! However, it can be done and done in a way where it will eliminate hours of crying at a time!
- Map out your trip and put in rest steps along the way. When we started out, we made sure to stop every 1.5 hours to get the kids, including Taylor, something to eat and drink. We had a schedule prepared ahead of time when we were going to feed her the bottle and get her a snack.
- With your rest steps, make sure to take the baby out of the car seat at a stop. There is nothing worse than a baby to sit in a car backwards facing for extended periods of time. Everyone deserves a break to stretch their legs, including the baby!
- Take enough diapers for the entire trip. When you think you have enough, take more. Trust me, you never know when your baby will have an explosion and need to be changed. Don’t count out how many diapers you generally use. Instead take that number and add on four diapers, to assure you have enough.
Be sure to check out these great deals at Babies “R” Us going on from June 1-June 30. These will get you started off on great savings for all your diaper essentials for your road trips.
· $5 OFF LUVS VALUE BOXES OF DIAPERS (REG $35.99)
· $9.99 PAMPERS SPLASHERS (PERFECT FOR SUMMER!)
· $19.99 PAMPERS VALUE BOXES OF WIPES (REG $23.99)
· FREE DREFT STAIN REMOVER 22OZ ($3.99 VALUE) WITH PURCAHSE OF ANY DREFT LAUDNRY DETERGENT 100OZ
- Take toys or a portable DVD player if your kids are slightly older for your road trip. For Taylor, we brought with us Sophie the Giraffe (bought at Babies “R” Us) and a small soft book, that she likes to teeth on too.
- Have the older kids keep the baby entertained by singing to her and reading to her(if their seats are near the baby). We love to sing songs as a family on long road trips and it seems to entertain baby Taylor.
Wherever you are taking a long road trip this summer, be prepared and let Babies “R” Us help you with all your summer travel essentials. Babies “R” Us is your go to store for everything you need in order to make summer traveling a success! I know I visit them every single time I go away on a trip! It makes my life much easier!
Giveaway: To get you started on a summer of fun, Babies “R” Us is giving my readers this amazing prize pack:
· $50 BRU Giftcard
· Pampers wipes
· Dreft pen
· Crayola Chalk
· Melissa and Doug Happy Giddy Pail
This giveaway is run via rafflecopter, so click read more to see the actual giveaway. The only mandatory entry is to tell me where you plan to road trip this summer and your top tip to making it happen in the comment section proceeding this post. While the other entries are optional, I highly suggest filling them out to increase your chances of winning. US only. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway