Video Sharing with RealPlayer Cloud and the Roku 2

The last time I talked about RealPlayer Cloud, I told you about its easy cloud storage, video sharing, and cross-platform viewing. Today, I’d like to tell you a little about how easy it is to watch those videos floating around up there in the cloud right on your TV.

Screen Shot 2014 12 30 at 8.06.15 AM1 Video Sharing with RealPlayer Cloud and the Roku 2Roku 2 and RealPlayer Cloud Make Video Sharing Fun

I’ve been making full use of RealPlayer Cloud for a while now, and I absolutely love it. Its ease of use is amazing. A few touches of my finger is all it takes to upload video from my phone to the cloud to be watched at any time on any device. Its absolutely the best thing I’ve found for video sharing. It’s so much fun to kick back and watch all the fun we had on our trip or play date. You know me. I can’t get enough of my three little ones.

Using RealPlayer Cloud’s Roku 2 channel makes it even easier to watch our favorite recorded memories. We can relax on our couch and relive our memories in total comfort, and I’ve never used anything with such an easy setup. All we had to do was connect our Roku 2 to our television set, and we were good to go. RealPlayer Cloud has its own Roku 2 channel, so there’s no syncing or connecting. We just pull our videos from the cloud directly to the Roku 2 channel, and we’re in business.

Just yesterday, a family friend came over, and I wanted to show her a cute video of Hayley. Usually, I have to get my phone, sift through all of my videos until I find the right one, and then sit huddled around the phone with whomever I’m sharing my video as we peer into the phone’s tiny viewing window. Not anymore! Now when I want to share my favorite memories, I just turn on the television, and all of my family’s memories are right there on my Roku 2′s RealPlayer Cloud channel. It’s great!

RealPlayer Cloud and its Roku 2 channel make video sharing a pleasure again. I love being able to sit comfortably on the couch with friends and family to relive our favorite family memories in total comfort rather than bunching up together in a semi-circle as each of us try to find a good viewing angle. This is a much better option. RealPlayer Cloud and Roku 2 work together perfectly to make video sharing quick, easy, and fun!

These are some videos I have uploaded so far to the cloud:Screen Shot 2015 01 05 at 2.18.53 PM 1024x466 Video Sharing with RealPlayer Cloud and the Roku 2

PinExt Video Sharing with RealPlayer Cloud and the Roku 2
  • vuible Video Sharing with RealPlayer Cloud and the Roku 2
  • more Video Sharing with RealPlayer Cloud and the Roku 2

Comments

1. Julie Wood says

WOW! This really sounds like a great device to help watch videos on TV. Instead of having the picture on my phone. I can have it play through the Realplayer Cloud so I can see the picture better. I would love to own one of these devices!

2. Jennifer Heintz says

I did not know about the realplayer until I read your blog. It sounds like a pretty cool and useful device. Makes for a more useful TV, that’s for sure. Just wonder if it is as easy to use as it sounds.

3. Soo says

This sounds really convenient! My son is always asking to see videos of himself (he’s three, and the world revolves around him right now) – this would make it really easy for him to watch his videos.

4. Connie says

I had no idea this even existed. It seems like it would be great for my daughter to watch the videos she records.

5. ellen beck says

I would LOVE to ditch cable TV and this sou nds like a great way to achieve it,
    I also really love how this would make it easy to share videos. This would make it so I dont have to sift through things and worry about them getting lost.

6. Sandy Klocinski says

I think RealPlayer Cloud is well-designed and makes storing and sharing videos easy across different devices.

7. Linda Szymoniak says

This is exactly what I need. I just love all the advances of technology. I just wish we had all this great stuff when I was a kid.

8. wen budro says

This sounds like a super cool product. Much better than looking through a photo album like the “old days.”

This sounds really cool. I just got my sweetie the Roku Streaming Stick for Christmas (we haven’t set it up yet)…after researching all of the options, I felt this was a better choice for our household.

10. Rebecca Parsons says

Realplayer has come a long way I love this video sharing and being able to store them for watching anywhere.

11. Christina Strapp says

This sounds really cool. My husband has been wanting one of these but I wasn’t sure all that it did until now :)

12. Robin Wilson says

This sounds like just what my son needs and has been wanting for some time. I haven’t heard of it until this post, but I think it is just a great way to watch them on TV.

13. Melissa George says

wow i love this software. its so easy to use and i like to download such software where its easy for me to watch photos and videos.

14. Laurie Nykaza says

The video sharing looks amazing with the Real Cloud player love to use it I love my Roku and use it all the time.

15. sue mccollum says

I have heard a lot of great things about the Roku, glad to know about Roku 2 now, looking into it now! Thanks for sharing the perks!

16. Estelle S says

I would love to have a Roku! We usually do what you said in the blog…huddle around the phone to watch videos. It’d be nice to not have people practically sitting on my lap when I watch a video!

17. Kimberly O says

There is so much cool technology out there that I don’t know about – this was one of them! Thanks for sharing!

18. Linda Buzard-Moffitt says

I have heard of this and it sounds really neat but I’m to into technology so unless its simple I wouldn’t be able to do it LOL

19. ERICA WEAVER says

im not used to either of these im old school and just happy with cable i would love to get into more of these but dont have time

20. Michelle Tucker says

That is pretty awesome. I hate having to go through video’s on the phone, and then usually have to replay over and over so everyone can see it. Sounds pretty awesome!

21. Sarah Oswald says

This is a wonderful product I would love to own this. I love that this can be shared witj others even if they dont have it downloaded.

22. Jennifer Heintz says

I would much rather stream videos with the Roku on my TV than trying to share and view with my husband on my phone. It is amazing how far they have come with this. Thanks for sharing the information. I am hopeful it is easy to set up.

23. Cynthia R says

Sounds like a great media viewing device, we don’t have cable, so we need something interactive like this to stream shows and share and view videos.

24. Elizabeth says

This sounds super convenient. I just entered the modern era with my first smart phone, which I got for Christmas. I had been using a flip phone since 2008 so the iPhone is a big upgrade for me. I’m having a ton of fun taking videos now that I have a smart phone, and I’m trying to figure out how to best organize and share them. This sounds like a great system.

25. Betsy Barnes says

The RealPlayer Cloud looks cool! Very nice to be able to keep all our videos in one place for sharing on any device! :)

26. Jill Myrick says

I love the idea of being able to share through my television set.
    I have a really hard time viewing videos on my own or others cellphones.

jweezie43[at]gmail[dot]com

27. BillJude56 says

I’m embarrassed to admit that we have a Roku 2 laying around our home that we’ve not taken the time to learn its capabilities or even how to hook it up. Thanks for the kick in the butt! Had no idea. (Sigh)

28. Lula Ruger says

Ihave not heard of this gadget but would love to have one it sounds pretty easy to use which i need easy and youcan do so much with it

29. cassandra says

I think that this is a great tool for family gatherings so everyone can be comfy and get caught up with each other!

30. Judy Schechter says

Wow, it’s so awesome to be able to watch your videos on a t.v. instead of a small tablet or phone. And the fact that it’s so easy to set up is great! Thanks for sharing!

31. Sandy Cain says

This is really super for when everyone gets together around the holidays. Easy to see it too, on the television instead of on a tablet!

32. Judy Schechter says

I love that it’s so easy to use! Anything too complicated turns me off immediately! Thanks for your review!

33. Keara B. says

Such a great idea! I have so many cute videos of my kids on my phone, but it’s not as fun to watch them on a tiny screen. I’d love to show my girls their videos on a TV- they’d love it!

34. Nonna says

That’s really amazing. I will be sooooo happy with this because I like to take a lot of memories for my family. Love it

35. Stephanie Larison says

This looks like something I could do while family is over visiting. We all love watching videos together. :)

36. Kristie says

It’s really amazing what they come up with these days. Unfortunately I don’t have a smartphone but I do have a Roku! kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

37. M.Clark says

The Roku 2 and RealPlayer Cloud look amazing. I like that the RealPlayer Cloud has its own Roku 2 channel, so there’s no syncing or connecting. Thank you for sharing this review.

38. Stacey B says

This is so cool! My Mom lives out of state, this would be a great way to share pictures & videos of the kiddos with her

39. Elisabeth says

I love this! I can totally relate to trying to show videos on the phone and it not working out, especially with my Dad who has trouble seeing it because it’s so small!

40. Melinda Stephens says

My husband keeps mentioning the Roku. It would probably be too complicated for me, but he’d have no problem.

41. Julie Wood says

This is exactly what I need for my family! I just think that all the advances of technology is huge with this Video sharing site! I just wish we had all this great stuff when I was a child.

42. Margot C says

What a cool device. We cut the cable long ago (so much less noise around here now!) and we just watch a few shows like Downton Abbey (free to stream) and a few things on iTunes. We should add this.

43. Lula Ruger says

I want one of these so badly i have been looking at them in staples so i am hinting to my kids since my b day is coming up

44. Margaret Smith says

This sounds like a wonderful device. We already have a Roku and love it, but with the added realplayer cloud, this sounds awesome.

45. Barrie says

I’ll have to tell hubby about this! We have a Roku 2 and we use real cloud but not together! THanks for the heads up.

46. Jeane Campbell says

This is all new to me. Didn’t have any idea that this was possible. Will be sharing with some friends who I know would be interested.

47. DEBRA GIFFORD says

WOW! How awesome to be able to put personal videoes and on there. I didn’t know of this great rOKU product. Thanks for the information!

48. Jennifer Heintz says

I like how the RealPlayer Cloud has it’s own Roku 2 channel. That makes it pretty simple to use. Thanks for reviewing such an easy method to share.

This sounds like a fun idea, we just a got a smart TV so I think we could probably use this. Now we just need to get something that takes video, since we don’t have smart phones.

50. amy williams says

Wow that is so awesome I would love to be able to have all my memories where I could watch on tv I feel the same way about everyone trying to watch them off of a phone just not big enough. Thanks for the great review on this makes me want to get one.

51. Donna Jacoby says

This sounds like something I can use. It sounds easy to set up–I would be happy with that as I’m not the greatest tech person around. Thank you for sharing!

52. Alexia says

Adore Roku! We haven’t tried using it with the RealPlayer Cloud but now I’m excited to try! Thanks!

53. Dawn Monroe says

I need a place to safely store and share my pics. Both mine and my husbands phones are full and I worry about losing pictures.

54. joanna reed says

Wow, I did not know about this product, it sounds very useful and I think it would be super for our family.

55. Robin Abrams says

I did not know about this. This sounds like something my family and I would get alot of use out of.

56. Kathy Pease says

My kids just got my husband one of these for his birthday..I have not checked it out myself yet but by the looks of it I might steal it.

57. Jesselyn A/Jesstinger says

I’d heard about this product from my sister ~ but she lives a couple of THOUSAND miles away so I could never quite imagine how it works or what’s so cool about it. But now that I know a little more and can actually visualize it ~ I WANT IT!

We really enjoy watching videos on TV ~ but it’s always a complicated hassle of moving furniture and devices with wires tangled all over and a lot of knee crawling around with a flashlight….. YIKES. This streamlining system sound fabulous! Thanks!

58. Jessica Hill says

This is really neat! I have a chromecast, but I wasn’t sure what the differences were with the Roku.

59. DanielleD says

Oh wow, I’ve never heard of this ! I’m not very techy but my husband could explain it all to me , it sounds awesome!

60. Julie Wood says

I think RealPlayer Cloud is well-designed and makes storing and sharing videos easy across different devices, and I want to get one for my family.

61. Rosa says

I have heard alot about the RealPlayer Cloud but have never had the chance to test it out. Thanks for the review! Sounds like a great idea to share videos of my kids with family!

62. Laurie Emerson says

The older I get the worse my eyesight gets. I love how I could see these on my TV instead of my tiny phone.

63. Danielle Gephart says

Never heard of RealPlayer until I read this! We have a Roku, but not Roku 2. We’ll have to check this technology out for sure.

64. Debra S says

LOL Am I the only one who says meh? to all this TV watching? I say people… there is a world outside your door. Turn off your programming! Go, live YOUR life, not some weird TV stuff…. LOL

65. Suzanne R (SuzySweeps) says

This is the first that I’ve ever heard of Roku, I am sold on it already and want it, just by reading your blog! Thank you for bringing something that sounds awesome and new into our digital life! :)

66. Terri S. says

What a better way for us to view our videos! Instead of trying to all get a view on my phone we could watch them with the Roku 2′s RealPlayer Cloud channel. This is now on my wish list. :-)

67. nicole ddziedzic says

This would be awesome for family videos we take while traveling, awesome for sharing with others.

68. Debra S says

I do not have a smart phone. Oh sure I was given a cell phone to use, since I do daycare for a son’s kids. LOL He wanted me to have it for emergencies. But it’s old and it is all I honestly need for the purpose. BUT I learned recently I want a ROKU. As if I don’t spend enough on TV… but- a son who lives with us got Netflix, and right now, we have to use a laptop with the cable to watch it. I learned about Roku. I want one! How nice that will be….no more having to hook up the laptop!

69. Lisa g says

I want a roku sooo bad! We already transitioned to Netflix instead of buying and a leaf antenna to get rid of one cable box but just cant just the cord on cable. we need help! lol

70. Cheryl Rahkonen says

Thanks for this info. I, too, have been sitting around staring at that little screen on my phone just to watch a video. I will look into the Roku now that I know such a thing exists.

71. Natalie Schwartz says

This sounds cool! I’ve been wondering how to I could store my videos and this sounds so easy! And to just be able to sit down and watch them so easily? Very cool!

72. Rebecca Parsons says

i think this sounds like a great way of viewing and sharing videos. When family comes over it would be nice to have this for memories.

73. susan king says

This sounds wonderful ! I’d love to be able to do that but I don’t have a phone that does any of it. My phone is just call and text. Maybe I need to check into getting a new one. Thank you for the info !!

74. Anna says

I would like to try having this. We don’t have many tech items, we have a smart TV and blu ray but no smartphones or ipads, etc.

75. Sandy Cain says

My brother really wants this – I know what I’m getting him now! I have to admit I didn’t really understand what it was until I read your article, though!

76. Jeani b says

that sounds really awesome. that is what i would love to do with my family. i have so many pics and videos.

77. Betsy Barnes says

I love that the RealPlayer Cloud allows for sharing videos on various devices. This would be great for families that live far away to stay connected :)

78. Kim Kessler says

I’ve heard about the Roku players, but did not know you could share videos and pictures and different devices, great for a new baby on the way!!!

79. Stephanie Phelps says

I would love to share our home videos this way we are usually crowded around a computer! This would be so awesome!

80. jamie tucker says

I have not really played around with options for the cloud. i would be interested in trying this however

81. alison gibb says

I love that the set up is easy to do. I agree with you about finding and watching videos on the phone. It a pain in the butt and the screen is so small.

82. Rachele W. says

I’m not tech savvy at all. Neither are my parents, who I would be doing most of the sharing with…but this sounds really simple! Great info!

83. Amy Hall says

I love our Roku and consider myself pretty tech savvy, but I’d never heard of either the RealPlayer Cloud nor the Roku channel.

84. Jodi J says

This sounds very interesting. I’ll have to mention it to my husband – he loves finding ways to make things easily accessible.

85. Chelsea Rutledge says

This looks like such a great product! And so simple yet makes life so much easier! I am forever running out of space on my phone to take videos, so I end up having to delete stuff. But this would be so handy to have!

86. Paige A says

I’ve saved so much $$ by cutting cable 3 years ago and the Roku can really help makeup for the loss of cable :-)

87. Tamra Phelps says

I am not tech savvy. I mean I am clueless. But I know I want something like this! It would be so handy.

88. Delirah M says

This is a great! We have so many videos too. Its also better than showing from your phone and risking someone snooping around lol. This is something my son would really enjoy!

89. Judy Schechter says

I really want this product! And it sounds like something I would be able to figure out, lol! Thanks so much for sharing!

90. Trasina McGahey says

I had no idea you could save your own videos! I thought Roku was just another little box for connecting to Netflix and the like. That actually sounds awesome!

91. Christy Nelms Caldwell says

I had no idea Roku had a channel for this. I am definitely going to add this channel to my box. Thanks for sharing this!

92. Lisa Coomer Queen says

This sounds like and awesome product. I’ve never tried Roku but I am interested now. Great Review!

I had heard of Roku 2, but I’d never heard of RealPlayer Cloud until now. It’s amazing that you can now share video using these great products. This is a great concept and product.

94. Linda Poplees says

I would love to own the Roku 2. I’m happy it is easy set up because I am technically challenged!

95. kath g says

that looks so convenient. i really like that they show the pictures instead of just the titles, so much easier to find what you want fast.

96. BillJude56 says

This is brilliant! I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve got a Roku 2 stashed away that I’ve never used.time to dig it out and put it to use with Real Player Cloud.

97. Betty C says

This sounds really great; but technology is starting to leave me behind. I’d still like to try to catch up with the Roku.

98. Sharon says

I would love to do this! I can’t imagine how much more video I would save with the convenience of the Roku. I would SO love to be able to sit and watch my videos from my sofa too! Thanks for the post!

99. Samantha B. says

I’ve always wanted to try video sharing, but it seems so complicated! I never realized my Roku 2 could do this! Can’t wait to try it!

100. Julie Wood says

I really love how Real Player has evolved from a simple media player to a cloud based powerhouse!

101. Patricia Delgado says

This is such a convenient way to stream, and it seems simple enough that even I could use it. I don’t have a tech savvy bone in my body!

102. courtney b says

I’ve always wanted a roku player to stream Netflix!!! I’ve never heard of the cloud thing but I want to check it out!!!

103. Jana says

WOW I had no idea this Roku 2 existed! This would make it a whole lot easier to share videos with family.

104. Colleen Maurina says

This would work great for me. My grown kids are always sending me videos of my four little grandchildren and I also love to make videos of them to watch and share.

105. Lisa Coomer Queen says

I would love to try this out. This sounds awesome. I have only heard good things about Roku.

106. Angelica says

I’ve never had cable (since I moved out of my parent’s house) but I’m constantly streaming hulu, netflix, and amazon prime. I have a fire stick but I like the extra options Roku gives, I’ve been wanting to get one for a while now!

107. courtney b says

I always wanted a roku player :) to play my netflx.. seemed sooo cool. could never find them in stores though!

108. Sandy Cain says

I really have to look into this! I didn’t really understand how it worked till you explained it. Thanks!!

109. Linda Poplees says

I don’t own one but I think my family could really use this. I thought it was more complex, thanks for explaining it, even I could understand it.

110. Angela Hendricks says

I would love to own one of these and after reading this post that just cements it even more!

111. Abigail says

I watched a video last night from when my son was a baby and I would love this way to access old videos like that one!

112. Rebecca Kellerman says

Woah, my dad has a Roku but he uses it to watch Netflix and Hulu. To know that it also has video sharing capabilities is really cool. I will mention it to my dad.

113. Sue Hull says

This sounds like a great device to watch videos from my phone on TV. My son-in-law would love this.It would be cool to have one of these.

114. Liz Ticona says

wow this is awesome! I can’t wait to try it when my dad comes to visit to FL this July I can show him all the videos of my son that I have stores in my tiny phone lol and he can actually see them on our big screen tv? love it! thanks for the heads up i had no idea!

115. Rosie says

I’ve seen Realplayer for videos before, but now they have it in the cloud! wow this is really great!! I’m glad to find out about it so I can try it!

116. Angelica says

RealPlayer Cloud looks so handy! I love how easy it makes to stream your personal videos on your tv!

117. Susan Smith says

I love the idea of being able to share through my television set.
    I have a hard time viewing videos on my own or others cellphones.

118. Cathy French says

What a great device so I could watch videos on the tv. I might get this for my boyfriends’ birthday coming up

119. G K says

I don’t have much experience with making videos, but this seems easy enough for anyone to use. I love that you can watch the videos on your TV.

120. Laura K. says

I love the idea of being able to look at our pictures on the big screen of a television rather than basically showing 1 person at a time a picture or video on the tiny screen of an iphone.

121. Michele P says

I’ve been looking into getting a Roku for the living room TV and wasn’t aware that this feature existed, thanks for explaining it, it would be great to watch home movies etc… during family get togethers.

122. Trey Smith says

Great article. I’ve learned alot. I haven’t used player in a while. I may start back using it.

123. Pamela Gurganus says

My family could definitely benefit from this cloud sharing, especially because we live so far away from one another.

124. Thomas Chappell says

Some very useful information here, thank you. I gave been on the fence about getting a roku

125. Michele P says

while I don’t own a Roku, I have been wanting one so reading about this definitely makes me want one even more. We love watching family videos and this sounds like a fun way to do so.

126. Stephanie Phelps says

this is the coolest thing ever and make it so easy for me to share with my friends and family that live far away!

127. Julie Wood says

I like the video sharing that I get with RealPlayer Cloud! So much easier to show pictures on this video sharing site and it sounds like it is easy to use!

128. Julie Wood says

I would love a Roku 2! So awesome that Realplayer-cloud- can share videos via the TV to enjoy with family and friends!

129. Sandy Cain says

I know that Roku and RealPlayer Cloud is something I need to take advantage of. I’d love to sit in confort with the family on the sofa, and all watch together!

130. wen budro says

This would be great to use during family holiday get-togethers. It would be so much nicer than crowding around someone’s cell phone.

131. Maryann D. says

I enjoy looking at family videos. The RealPlayer Cloud and Roku 2 sounds wonderful to try and this is the first that I heard of it.

This is really great for sharing videos and pics with family and friends. I am going to look into this to see if it will work with chromecast. I have this but not Roku. Thanks for sharing.

133. Matt Stringham says

I have always been an apple tv kind of guy but lately the roku has really caught my eye. THanks for sharing yet another thing I cant do on my apple tv :)

134. ellen beck says

I have never used a Roju or seen one in action before . It sounds like a great alternative to cable!

135. Angelica says

RealPlayer Cloud looks so handy! I love how easy it makes it to stream your personal videos on your tv!

136. Linda Szymoniak says

I’d love to have one of these It sounds very convenient I’ll have to try to save enough points on Viggle to order one from there.

137. ellen beck says

This would be so convenient. I think this would be easy to leaarn how to use and would free up a whole llot of space on the computer. I like the way you desscibed it, and the way it looks.

138. Robin W says

Forgive me, but I am not very tech savvy so I am not familiar with these. But being able to share videos so easily would be great.

139. Lilia Kharabora says

How neat! My daughter is 3 and home videos are what she is about right now. Hilarious. This would sure work for us. Thanks!

140. Margot C says

Great functionality, but you have to have a Roku player, which i don’t. I have Apple TV, do I need both do you think?

141. sheila ressel says

What a neat device! The pictures on my phone are really tiny so this would be so helpful when editing photos.

142. Shayna Gier says

I don’t have a Roku 2, but if I did, this sounds like a really awesome set up for sharing videos that you have recorded beforehand. I am forever using Chromecast to show off videos/pictures that are on Facebook, and its a huge pain in the butt. The sounds of this product seems so much better.

143. Sandy Cain says

I really need this so I can watch videos on my TV. I think I know what what’s my Hanukkah/Christmas list for this year!

144. Kathy says

This sounds great! I’m going to have to check more in to this. I think this would be a great service for my family.

145. Tenley Erickson says

This makes it so much easier to share memories than fumbling to find them on a computer or phone. Yay for technology! :-)

146. ellen beck says

I tink this would be eassy to learn how to use. It doeesnt sound overly complicated and thats a good thing. I like also how small and compact this is.

147. Barbara Montag says

This is new to me.
    And it would be so fantastic to share videos with the grand kids!
    thanks for the post

148. Samantha Meyer says

This would make it so much easier to share things with your family who doesn’t live close – it is a really great idea!

149. alison gibb says

This sounds great! I don’t do any video sharing, but if I did, I would do it with realplayer cloud and the roku 2!!

150. Jesselyn A/Jesstinger says

My husband is SO into this! He says he has heard nothing but good things about this and that we could save a lot of money on cable if we switch to this.

151. Marissa C says

This sounds so much more convenient than digging through all the files on my computer and watching it from there. I really like storing items this way to.

152. Thalia H says

im probably in the minority group, but i seriously had no idea what a ‘roku’ is until i read this. i dont use no streaming and thinking about it im probably a bit “old school” and im still in mid-twenties. its a pretty cool product though for if we ever choose to use and go that route for shows and stuff.

153. Margot C says

How cool is that. We don’t have cable anymore because it’s just a waste. We watch a few shows that we want (via various sources) and then turn the thing off. We should get this maybe. It might suit our style.

154. Shakeia Rieux says

I’ve been wanting one of these so i can share videos with my family,especially the ones out of state and my friends.I’ve read good reviews on it so if i do get one this would be my first choice

155. ellen beck says

This looks pretty easy to set up. I am not good at the cloud stuff yet as I dont upload a whole lot. I would try this though.

156. Maddy W. says

This definitely sounds convenient. I, too, share the affliction of having to sift through a bunch of videos on my phone in order to show someone a specific one. :) This could be really helpful.

157. Lauryn R says

I use my PS3 in much the same way, to stream Netflix and HuluPlus. We haven’t paid for cable in 4 years, totally worth it!

158. Kimberly M. says

This sounds wonderful. I have the problem where I have all the videos on my computer or my phone. Well it’s not too bad on my phone but my computer–look out. I have to go through every folder to find “the one”. This sounds so easy.

159. Miles Imhoff says

RealPlayer Cloud and Roku 2, eh? Hmm… quite interesting.

Did you know “roku” is Japanese for “5″? Although they have a lot of words that sound alike.

God bless,
    Miles

160. Sarah Phillips says

I’ve heard about this and I’ve been dying to try it! My husband and I take videos all the time and we’ve been looking for an easier way to upload & share them with friends and family. Realplayer cloud definitely sounds like the way to go. Thanks for sharing!

161. Steven weber says

I take lots of video and am always looking for new ways to share the content – looks like this is the way to do it.

162. Carol Nine says

I like how you can just turn your tv on and all your videos are right there on your Roku 2′s RealPlayer Cloud channel.

163. Sarah Phillips says

I’ve heard about the Roku and I’ve been dying to give it a try! My husband and I take videos all the time and we’ve been looking for an easier way to upload & share them with friends and family. Realplayer cloud definitely sounds like the way to go.

164. Margaret Smith says

First time I heard of this and love the idea. I love that you can share videos and I love that it also has the Roku

165. Kristie says

This looks great! Phone and even computer screens can be SOO small. Sigh. We already have a Roku so we would be all set. Thanks for the post and honest review! kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

166. Robin says

I have heard of ROKU but didn’t really understand what it was used for. But I think it’s really a neat little device! I wouldn’t have a lot of use for it, but my sister sure would and I will pass this info on to her. Thanks for the heads up!

167. Wendyt says

This sounds like something I need! I have so many videos that are saved in several different places and folders so this would be great.

168. Jesselyn A/Jesstinger says

I really appreciate your reviews and updates and I must say that CLOUDS are still like a “magical mystery tour” to me (!) that said ~ it sounds so cool we are going to definitely be trying (doing) this THIS holiday season. Thanks for the reminder of how wonderful RealPlayer Cloud and ROKU 2 are!

169. Natalie Brown says

I don’t take many videos but my son takes many of my grandson. This sounds like a cool service. I’ll have to let him know about it. Thanks for the fun information!

170. Birdiebee says

I am going to have to get with the program and test this out as I have done nothing with my Roku which I need to.

171. Patrycja Chudziak says

Wow, I had no idea such an awesome thing existed! My husband is always telling me to use Cloud, but I never have yet! I will start to now. I love to take videos of my son, the little ham..and am excited to know that I can share them with my family when they visit on the big tv instead of the tiny phone screen like you mentioned. This is a must have!

172. Mike S. says

Sounds like a decent service… problem is that RealPlayer lost my business years ago after some ridiculous shenanigans on their part and I’ve no intention of trying them again when there are dozens of similar providers available.

173. Cynthia R says

The fact it works with a roku is so convenient, I’m assuming it works with the newer versions of roku as well.

174. heather says

I would love to try this to share videos with friends and family thank for sharing. I had not heard of this before I read your post.

175. Darlene Ysaguirre says

Ive been meaning to start storing more in my cloud i have so many family moments that i need to share with my mother who lives on the opposite coast than us.

176. ellen beck says

I have always wanted to try one of these. It doesnt sound too hard to set up, but it sounds like it is very useful.

177. Stacey Roberson says

This device sounds amazing. If we want to share videos, we usually pull out our laptops and show friends and family. But this sounds so much easier.

178. Bella T. says

I’ve heard about RealPlayer Cloud and have actually been wanting to try it! I love that there’s no syncing or connecting. This is really cool.

179. Betsy Rubendall Barnes says

The Real Player Cloud sounds like a really cool way to share videos with family and friends. I did not know that you can use Rogu 2, sounds like a great system to have for entertainment :)

Great concept! We are always looking for ways to make the technology we have work smarter and faster for us! This Roku2 looks like a great way to do that!

181. Betsy Rubendall Barnes says

I am hoping Santa brings my a Roku for Christmas. I would love to be able to use the Real Player Cloud with it and also use on multiple devices :)