Lithium Coin Battery Safety Tips for Children

*This is a sponsored post. All my opinions are my own and not swayed by outside sources.*

It is absolutely essential to keep small items out of a child’s reach to avoid ingestion. This is one of the biggest scares for me as a mom. Among these items are lithium coin batteries. Every year, thousands of cases of coin battery ingestions are reported, and swallowing batteries can lead to serious injury or death.
Duracell has taken steps to prevent battery ingestions by updating the packaging to be child resistant and placing warnings on the batteries themselves. But the root of the problem remains: there is a lack of awareness around which devices in the home have coin batteries and what other safety measures can be taken to prevent ingestion.


Learn more from the demographic below:Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 1.13.32 PM

Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 1.13.43 PM



Be Sociable, Share!


  1. says

    This is definitely one of those things that you don’t think about until your little one is about to put it in their mouth. Glad Duracell is looking out for young children.

  2. says

    Oh wow! I never let my kids even touch the batteries bc I am always afraid they will explode or when they were younger try to eat. Glad Duracell is making it safer!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>