Did you know that 80-90% of SIDS-related deaths are due to unsafe sleep practices? During the month of October, HALO will donate $1 to SIDS Awareness for every new Facebook “Like”.
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
HALO is also participating in the HALO In-Hospital Sleep Sack Program!
Their HALO Safer Way to Sleep® In-Hospital Program replaces the traditional blankets in your well-baby nursery and NICU with a FREE* supply of HALO® SleepSack® Swaddle wearable blankets to model a safe, blanket-free alternative for parents.
Their FREE In-Hospital Program Includes:
- Specially designed HALO® SleepSack® Swaddle wearable blankets for in-hospital use, made of durable fabric with easy access to monitor leads.
- FREE safe sleep educational materials for parents and staff training.
- Marketing and public relations support materials to promote your hospital’s safe sleep practices.
HALO is a brand that I used on my children when they were babies! I found the SleepSack the easiest to use and now have given it on to my best friend, who had a baby recently. It is so easy to use the SleepSack Swaddle by HALO by simply using the velcro wings to tighten for a custom fit. I don’t need to struggle with making the perfect swaddle because HALO does it all for me with the SleepSack!
The HALO SleepSack offers two different uses including- both arms out like the original style, and arms in now with the swaddle wings! One of the features I love with the SleepSack is the zipper goes all the way to the bottom near the feet, so I don’t have to undo the whole thing. It makes it easier for quick over the night feedings and diaper changes! It really makes swaddling purely a cinch!
Visit HALO today for all the different patterns and colors available for the swaddle! Also don’t forget that during the month of October, HALO will donate $1 to SIDS Awareness for every new Facebook “Like”.
Giveaway: One winner will receive a Halo SleepSack. This giveaway is run via rafflecopter so click continue reading to see the actual giveaway. The only mandatory entry is to tell me what is your #1 safe sleep practice for your kids in the comment section proceeding this post. While the other entries are optional, I highly suggest you fill them out to increase your chances of winning. US only. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*I received a SleepSack for review. All my opinions are my own and not swayed by outside sources.