Whether we’re eating in a restaurant, enjoying a pampering session, taking the kids for a fun day out, or going shopping, online vouchers have changed the way we do it.
And you may not have realized how much you can do to make the most of these money-saving opportunities:
- Get the timing right: Look out for voucher codes online if your favorite store is having a sale. Retailers often issue free delivery vouchers to increase online sales if they are having a promotion. If you combine this saving with the sale reduction, you can end up with quite a few more dollars in your pocket.
It’s also worth knowing that many voucher codes are issued at the beginning of a month, as new marketing budgets begin for vendors, making it a great time to bag some of the hottest deals.
Timing can also be a factor if you’re keen on eating out. The start of the week is a good time to look out for restaurant offers, many of which don’t run on weekends.
- Don’t hang around: Many online vouchers are issued by retailers because they want to create interest in the store or product. That means that a lot of the top voucher codes may only be available for a few days, and, in some cases, just hours. Daily deals are changing all the time.
If an offer grabs your attention, check the expiry date immediately. Equally, it’s important to be sure that you genuinely want the product or service, and are not rushing into parting with money just because of the promotion.
- Be specific: Quite often, some of the biggest savings to be made are product specific. Type the name of the product you want into a search engine and add “voucher codes” to see whether any deals are being offered. Retailers also often try to bring out big deals on their most popular items in a bid to enticing you into buying extra products at the same time.
- Use social media: If you’re on Twitter or Facebook (and, let’s face it, who isn’t?), become a fan or follow your voucher code groups. This guarantees you hear about top offers and deals before anyone else, and you will be more likely to see them as you visit the sites often anyway.
- Bargain clearance offers: In the same way that you get end-of-season or off-season items in bargain bins in regular stores, so you can online. These voucher codes are specifically aimed at particular items or product lines at the end of a season, or when the retailer has a lot of a particular product that they want to get rid of.
In terms of clothes shopping, these kinds of deals work best for classic items that never go out of style. Equally, if you’re buying electrical goods, be sure you’re not likely to want the new, improved version soon afterward.
- Stick to the terms and conditions: In recent years, increasing hardship has led to a rise in some quarters of the illegal reuse of discount vouchers. Although this is still relatively rare, retailers are clamping down. But whichever way you look at it, this is fraud and lying or deceiving could get you into trouble.
Finally, if you want a single virtual roof with access to thousands of deals every day, in individual cities, whether you are looking for Chicago deals or daily deals in Los Angeles, as well as plenty in the DC area, with deals already sorted into categories and alerts by email when you want them, visit a website like Daily Deals Superstore.
*This is a partnered post. All opinions are my own and not swayed by outside sources.