Happy Chanukah-Love Melissa, Greg, Hayley, and Zane!

Before, I overload you with some Chanukah pictures, I want to say, that my Vegas post will be up soon! I need to document it because it was an amazing surprise that happened to my family- so stay tuned for this in the next couple of weeks!

As for us, we are a bicultural family. We celebrate both Chanukah and Christmas in our household. This time of year is very festive because we get to put up our Christmas tree, and our menorah, and just have some plain fun!  Chanukah officially started this past Sunday and lasts 8 nights. Each night, we light another candle to our menorah and recite some Hebrew prayers. Each night, both Hayley and Zane each get to pick a gift from our Chanukah gift table. My husband ran out of Chanukah gift wrap so we had to use some Christmas paper, but who really cares- right! The kids  and I also make latkes and play dreidel games! I am not sure how many of my readers are Jewish, but I thought I share the Youtube video that I saw perusing Youtube of the Maccabeats. This video is their Chanukah song and is ridiculously funny!

Once Chanukah ends, we will then transition in Christmas and phase 2 of the holiday season starts. It is a really fun time for our family and I wish for you all a very Happy Holiday Season!

Here are some fun pictures of our household and the decorations we put up this past weekend:

DSC08180 1024x768 Happy Chanukah Love Melissa, Greg, Hayley, and Zane!DSC08179 1024x768 Happy Chanukah Love Melissa, Greg, Hayley, and Zane!DSC08178 1024x768 Happy Chanukah Love Melissa, Greg, Hayley, and Zane!DSC08177 1024x768 Happy Chanukah Love Melissa, Greg, Hayley, and Zane!DSC08175 1024x768 Happy Chanukah Love Melissa, Greg, Hayley, and Zane!DSC08166 1024x768 Happy Chanukah Love Melissa, Greg, Hayley, and Zane!

PinExt Happy Chanukah Love Melissa, Greg, Hayley, and Zane!
  • vuible Happy Chanukah Love Melissa, Greg, Hayley, and Zane!
  • more Happy Chanukah Love Melissa, Greg, Hayley, and Zane!

Comments

Happy Chanukah! We were blessed with our first baby a few months ago and are trying out this whole Chanukah and Christmas thing! It seems like your family makes it work and I’m hopeful we can enjoy both holidays, too!

My family is not Jewish. However, my husband’s grandmother was so we try to be aware of Jewish traditions. About three years ago my now 7 year old daughter decided she wanted to be Jewish – I am not sure why at the time because I don’t think she knew the history. So now, we celebrate Catholic traditions, Jewish Traditions and Christmas. I don’t know what she will choose for a path when she gets older but in the meantime she will have the exposure.

I love the bear. We also celebrate both holidays. We work really hard to keep a handle on the gifts since both holidays are so close. Since our kids are older, we decided to do a smores night for the last night of Chanukah this year. We’re trying for more memories and fewer things to organize. :) Toys are more expensive when the kids get older! Happy holidays.

This looks like so much fun! I’ve been thinking when Evie gets older I might start doing a Chanukah night with Evie and any other kids. I think it would be good to read about the fesitval of lights and maybe make a traditional meal.

Happy Chaunukah! we are not Jewish but my husband’s stepfather is, so we try to bring the culture and traditions into our house each year. This is the kids’ first year celebrating Chanukah and they are loving it!

6. maria says

happy hannukah to you all!! i love that you incorporate both christmas and hannukah in your family traditions!! hope it’s a wonderful one, melissa!! <3<3<3

We celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas in our house too. In fact, we decorated the Christmas tree on the first night of Hanukkah because it was the first chance we had to do so :)

I have a family friend that does the same thing. It sounds like it works great for both of you! Have a great holiday season! Thanks for linking up!

9. Amber Edwards says

I’m so glad you shared your Chanukah celebration! The decorations are super fun and I bet the kids loved all the festivities. I was really wanting to see it all! Oh Haley is a doll! And that bear is SUPER cute!

Beautiful! Happy Chanukah – and those are some serious presents! (I remember my BFF growing up would get little presents every day…she’d be so jealous of that table!)