The holidays are upon us and with all of the shopping, wrapping, and baking, many of us are traveling too. As if traveling with two small children and the excessive amount of travel accessories that go with them isn’t enough to worry about, I know that the thing to be aware of is making sure we are protected online and have identity security. While we are all so pre-occupied with all of that other stuff surrounding the holidays, identity thieves are on the lookout for easy targets this time of year. The holiday season is a great time for thieves to attack (not to scare you but it is the truth) because most of us are not preoccupied with it. Having LifeLock as a protection plan can help keep us safe through our travels this holiday season. I know I feel more secure traveling this holiday season knowing I have the LifeLock protection plan. Why not have the added security in life by having LifeLock in your life?
I also wanted to present you with some great travel safety tips whether you are driving, flying, or just staying at home this holiday season. I hope these could help in the upcoming weeks!
1. Hold you mail at the post office so it does not pile up in the mailbox as an indication that no one is home. Also hold newspaper delivery or arrange for a neighbor to gather them for you.
2. Let your credit card and ATM bankcard companies know if you plan to travel, so that when they see all those charges pile up as you do last minute gift shopping in another state, they don’t think it is someone else.
3. Avoid posting travel plans on Facebook or other social media outlets that would let people know you are away. I wait until I get back to post about any trips I take, and make it known that I am back.
4. Make sure to password protect your phone, computer, and ipad, and a bit of advice based on experience, put those passwords in a secure place you can access while you travel so you don’t lock yourself out of those places too (ahem).
5. If you have an iphone download the find my iphone app which lets you track all of your apple products, including your phone if it is stolen, and is capable of remotely clearing all of the data from the device if you need to.
The other holiday security system I clearly need to put in place in my house is a lock on the cookie jar! I swear, my family eats them as fast as I have been making them for cookie swaps and to bring to hosts! Clearly I am going to have to ask LifeLock to add the cookie security program to our account!
To get the best tips about how to keep safe from identity theft this season, and to learn more about travel safety play the LifeLock for Life
*I am a LifeLock blog ambassador. As always, all my opinions are my own and not swayed by outside sources.