I’m a Maytag Ambassador!! #MaytagMoms

img logo Im a Maytag Ambassador!!  #MaytagMoms

My journey to becoming a Maytag Ambassador started in early May when I received an email from the wonderful company I work with, Mom Central, to apply to be a Maytag ambassador. I almost didn’t apply because we were on our only vacation of the year and I promised my husband that I would stay away from all social media sites including email. I left all forms of technology that I have at home except for my little iPhone which I hid from my husband. He wanted me to enjoy vacation and I understood why. While he was sleeping I was going through my messages, when I saw the opportunity to apply to be a Maytag Ambassador. I instantly woke up my husband and told him, I needed to apply to this one opportunity. He asked what it was and when I told him, he said GO APPLY- WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? The only problem is, we were on a cruise and I couldn’t apply from my iPhone. So off I went to the Internet cafe on the cruise ship and applied!

I am so glad I did because I was chosen as one of the 25 Ambassadors to be represting Maytag in 2012! I am honored that I will be receiving Maytag Bravos XL high efficiency top-load washer and dryer. When I got the acceptance letter, I may or may not have cried tears of joy! The reason being is our current washer/dryer are at least 10 years old and have been functioning poorly for about a year now. We had all sorts of problems with our washer-dryer and I just about put in the towel in, so to speak, and bought a completely new set. We had so many issues with our current set including my washing machine leaking when I put it on a certain setting- So frustrating!

Im a Maytag Ambassador!!  #MaytagMoms

Now, I don’t have to worry about dealing with my old washer-dryer anymore, as I will be receiving a brand new Maytag Bravos XL high efficiency top-load washer and dryer. I am so excited to receive the set for so many reasons. My main reason, besides being able to actually enjoy doing laundry again (yes, call me weird but I like doing laundry on a working set), is that I never had the experience to test out a high efficiency washer-dryer before! I love the fact that this set will use much less water than traditional washing machines. The set is also simply gorgeous and has some many wonderful features. With this set, I will be able to do fewer washes and clean more clothes than I was ever able to do!

I hope you will follow my journey as I do several posts and videos through the next couple of months. I will also be tweeting out my journey so be sure to follow #MaytagMoms to follow the 24 other wonderful blogs and I on this journey.

* A huge THANK YOU to Mom Central and MayTag for picking me to be a 2012 Maytag Ambassador.

I wrote this post participating in an Maytag Moms Dependable Laundry Ambassador program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Maytag. I was provided with the Maytag washer and dryer set to facilitate my post.

PinExt Im a Maytag Ambassador!!  #MaytagMoms
  • vuible Im a Maytag Ambassador!!  #MaytagMoms
  • more Im a Maytag Ambassador!!  #MaytagMoms

Comments

That is really awesome and I am happy for you and your family for getting chosen. I can’t wait to see your journey and I will be stopping by to check on it. Totally cool!!

AWESOME!!! Congratulations to you! That is so exciting and couldn’t have happened at a better time for you! I have maytag front loading washer/dryer set but it is 5 years old already. I wish it had the steam setting! I can’t wait to read your future posts with all the details on the features!

Wow what an amazing opportunity! I’d love to get a chance like that. My dryer has to stay open when not in use it will just keep running :/ but it is better for the laundry mat.lol Enjoy!

I was sitting in front of my daughter’s school waiting for detention to end when I saw the email to apply. This was an opportunity I would have loved being a part of, but so excited for you on getting selected!

I will definitely be following along because I am so excited for you! I can’t wait to see your videos and read your post about it. Congrats!

Congratulations! I know what it is like to have a old washer/dryer and then getting a new one. I have never been so excited to do laundry before!

Wow, that would be absolutely amazing! Those look fantastic and I’m so drooling over them! My current washing machine only does Luke warm or cold cycles, and I need a really warm cycle for cloth diapers.

Congrats, that’s great news! I have a new top load washer/dryer and absolutely love them and the energy efficient settings. They hurt my back less than the front-loading washers (even when they are on pedestals) :)

so excited for you! and totally jealous! ;) that rocks! i will soon be in the market for a new washer and dryer myself (ours came WITH the house 8yrs ago lol) so i will definitely be interested to see what you have to say about these. yaaayyyy!

I am SO jealous! If I got a brand new washer and dryer for blogging I actually think my grandma would cry out in joy.
    Nobody knows it, but my mom and grandma are the reason I blog :)!

Lucky you! Our washer and dryer are 17 years old and have basically been rebuilt by our handy appliance man who also is a family friend. Many times he would not even charge us labor, but that’s because when many of the break downs occurred my husband was unemployed in 2008-2009. Blessings come in all shapes and sizes. :-)

Congrats Melissa. I can’t wait to read your review on the Maytag Washer and Dryer. I have a top load efficiency washing machine and I love it!

omgosh Congratulations. I’ve heard some amazing things about the Maytag I know your just going to love them. Can’t wait to hear about all the exciting features and your thoughts on them.

Congrats! How exciting! I am in the market for a new washer so I’ll be looking forward to hearing all about it.

Oh wow. What a great opportunity for you, and from a great company. We’ve been checking out the washer/dryer market for a while now since our washing machine is on the verge of going out. Contrats!

Congrats!! That is a wonderful opportunity!!

When we bought our new front loader I’ll admit that I had to use it right away and sat there and watched it go through the wash cycle. I was really impressed with how little water it used!