Shrek The Musical at the PPAC, Providence, Rhode Island!!

Shrek The Musical at the PPAC, Providence, Rhode Island!!

Two nights back, I took my mother in law, husband, and Hayley to see Shrek the Broadway Musical at the Providence Performing Art Center in Rhode Island. This was the first Broadway show I have ever taken Hayley to and I was somewhat nervous how she would do. To my delight, she did extraordinary. She sat through the whole show and barely flinched. At the end of the show, she was the first one up giving a standing ovation.

Shrek The Musical at the PPAC, Providence, Rhode Island!!

I have to say, I completely understand, why she was enthralled with the show. It was fantastic! The music coupled with the elegant decor of the sets and the fantastic actors, really brought the whole experience of seeing a Broadway show up a notch. If you are familiar with the Shrek stories, you will thoroughly love this show. I will say that I have never seen a Shrek movie (Gasp…) but I am now going to run to see the movies. The show made me laugh incessantly and made me shocked that 2 hours flew by when the actors took their final bow. I wanted the show to go on!

Shrek The Musical at the PPAC, Providence, Rhode Island!!

The actors/actresses seen in Shrek were all superb and great vocalists. It was funny seeing a green ogre Shrek, played by Lukas Poost, sing with the most amazing voice and come to life.  Fiona, Liz Shivener, also was truly fantastic and was recently seen as Belle in Beauty and the Beast.  Lord Farquaad, played by Merritt David James, and Donkey, Andre Jordan, rounded out this phenomenal cast with their hysterical lines and all together great acting/singing. In the musical, they also had some of the story book fantasies come to life such as Peter Pan, Baby Bear, Bad Wolf, Sugar Plum, and the Fairy Godmother just to name a few. What fun it was to see my childhood favorites come to life in a Broadway musical!

Everthing in Shrek the musical was sensational. If you are looking to be entertained and be lifted away into the world of fantasy, look no further than Shrek. You will smile… You will laugh… You will not want to go home. Come check out Shrek at the beautiful PPAC now through January 8, 2012. Tickets are available  here: PPAC. HAVE FUN!!

Shrek The Musical at the PPAC, Providence, Rhode Island!!

Shrek The Musical at the PPAC, Providence, Rhode Island!!

Shrek The Musical at the PPAC, Providence, Rhode Island!!

RSSSiggy Shrek The Musical at the PPAC, Providence, Rhode Island!!

PinExt Shrek The Musical at the PPAC, Providence, Rhode Island!!
  • vuible Shrek The Musical at the PPAC, Providence, Rhode Island!!
  • more Shrek The Musical at the PPAC, Providence, Rhode Island!!

Comments

1. Summer @ Banana Hammocks & Tutus says

My mom took Styles to New York City a few years back and she was going to take him to see Shrek but the people that they were staying with had already seen it, and were apparently, very stingy of their time with my mom. Unfortunately he didn't get to see it, but he did get to go see Barney with us a couple of months ago. He wasn't as excited about that :)

I LOVE all three of the Shrek movies. You need to go buy the trilogy. They really are hilarious and have some great adult humor.

2. Summer @ Banana Hammocks & Tutus says

3. Summer @ Banana Hammocks & Tutus says

4. Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... says

This looks really cool! We watched the Shrek the Musical Challange for cakes on Food Network and my little girl told me we need to go there mommy!

5. Lena & Alex says

I absolutely love Shrek (probably even more than my kids do) – awesome, that you could go

6. Lena & Alex says

7. Lena & Alex says

8. @therebelchick says

How fun! i'd love to see a Shrek musical, my whole family loves the Shrek movies. A musical would be so fun!

9. Tamara says

That sounds like an amazing time, I wonder if Shrek is headed west? Ill have to look in to it I know I would love it then take the kids just so I don't look goofy there alone

10. LMC502 says

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I hope they come our way soon – I'd love for our family to make a night out of it :)

11. Felissa Hadas says

I have never actually seen the entire movie. I did see bits and pieces of it in Hong Kong at the doctors office when I was waiting for my PT appointments.

12. Camille says

i am really, really hoping that the Moo appreciates musical theater as much as i do (and always have). i will die if she does.

cheers.

ps. i will be your personal stylist any time! ;)

13. Ghada @Mama goes BAM says

That looked like a lot of fun. I couldn't imagine Shrek as a musical, but my son loves Shrek and he loves music so that's a winning combination :)

14. Admin says

Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

15. Isra says

The theater looks gorgeous! We are Shrek-crazy here, is the show happening in Boston? We have Shrek Ever After on DVR and I cant count how many times we've watched it!

16. Brenda says

That place looks amazing and it looks like you both had an awesome time. I love the picture with the huge smile! I live for those types of moments.

17. Grumpy Grateful Mom says

Haley's so cute with her ogre ears! We haven't watched much Shrek, but I bet my kiddos would love the musical.

18. Heavensent1 says

Hehe…they'll make anything into a musical these days…tho' this is one I wouldn't mind seeing myself~!!