Wordless Wednesday- My daughter and her new favorite book,Curious Critters

Wordless Wednesday  My daughter and her new favorite book,Curious Critters

* Sorry, some words were added to this post but I needed to explain the pictures below.  Happy Wednesday!

My daughter’s all time new favorite book is called Curious Critters by David FitzSimmons. In this book, FitzSimmons showcases all the beautiful animals children hear about. He captures the essence of each animals beauty in such rich, vivid pictures all set against a white backdrop. What makes this book so unique is that he creates the words of each creature, from the creatures own dialect and perspective.

Wordless Wednesday  My daughter and her new favorite book,Curious Critters

Wordless Wednesday  My daughter and her new favorite book,Curious Critters

This is a nightly read in my family. Hayley will sit and ask all about the creatures in each book. It actually made me learn a thing or two about some animals.  I’ve never heard of such animals as the red-eyed vireo and the monarch. There are twenty-one wonderful creatures displayed beautifully through the pages. As an added feature in the back of the book there is a list of all the curious critters and their natural history. There is also a glossary and life-sized silhouettes for the kids to identify with.

Wordless Wednesday  My daughter and her new favorite book,Curious Critters

Wordless Wednesday  My daughter and her new favorite book,Curious Critters

It is truly a phenomenal book for all children.  It will bring out the nature lover in you and your children. Give it a try or put it on your holiday list.  Hayley loves it so much that we have to put it in her bed when she goes to sleep. If you are interested in purchasing the book, it is available through Amazon for $14.36.

* I received this book for reviewing purposes. All my opinions are my own and not swayed by outside sources.

RSSSiggy Wordless Wednesday  My daughter and her new favorite book,Curious Critters

PinExt Wordless Wednesday  My daughter and her new favorite book,Curious Critters
  • vuible Wordless Wednesday  My daughter and her new favorite book,Curious Critters
  • more Wordless Wednesday  My daughter and her new favorite book,Curious Critters

Comments

1. Heather says

Love cootie jammies! What a cool book, we have lots of 'go to' books here too :). I may have to get that one for a Christmas gift for Claire

2. Candice says

She seems to really love it! And I love that she still has her birthday balloons in her room :) J did the same thing for a while. Hope you are having a great week so far!

3. Elizabeth @Our Life says

This looks like a great book!! We will have to check it out as our little guy gets bigger! If you are interested, I would love to have you link up on our Wordless Wednesday LinkUp – http://www.ourlifeblog.net !

4. Ai Sakura says

Looks like an interesting and educational book! thanks for sharing :) have i mentioned i love your girl's hair before? heh

Ai @ Sakura Haruka
    Come join my Wordless Wed Linky Party!

5. Swanky Baby's Mom says

Following you from the Give a Hoot Wednesday Blog Hop! Cute blog!!
    Swanky Baby
    swankybaby.net

6. Liz says

That does look like a cute book. ^^

And at first, I thought your daughter looks like how I did when I was a kid, so I at first freaked out. I think it's the haircut. :P

…I really like the fish one, though. I might get it for my baby sister for Christmas! :)

7. Judy Haughton-James says

Beautiful pictures of Hayley and a great book to introduce children to animals. Take care and a good Wednesday to you and your family Melissa.

8. Whitney says

She is adorable and that looks like a great book. I bet my son would LOVE it too. Thanks for sharing!

9. Candice says

Adorable! So far Gabriella's favorite bedtime story is "I Love You through and Through" by Bernaette Rosetti Shustak.
    Love how BIG your book is…going to AMAZON!

i love the photo of you and hayley at the end…so cute. i love how proud hayley is to have her picture taken. you see so many kids run when the camera comes out!! i'm praying when i have children they love the camera :) i agree, it's funny, i will read to my friend's daughter and sometimes learn things (she probably already knew) lol
    wonderful book…the pictures are awesome!
    i hope you have a happy wednesday!!
    thanks so much for always leaving sweet and encouraging words, melissa!!
    lots of love to you!
    xoxo
    maria <3

kids are so adorable…wanting to hear the same story over and over again.

11. Jessica @ TheCrazyChaoticHouse says

Such cute pictures. My oldest is finally getting into actually sitting down and letting us read to him. I will have to check this one out for sure. And I see miss Hayley still has her birthdayy balloons hanging around:)

12. Athomewithabby says

Stopping in from MBS for Wordless Wednesdays! I love books about animals, my daughter is a nature nut as well!

13. Stephanie of Gumdrop Pass says

That book sounds like a goodie! I love the pictures! :)

On another note, BEAUTIFUL pictures! Your daughter is seriously a little beauty! :)

14. Brandy says

Awww love books! That is one we don't have, I think I will have to get it for Christmas! My kids would adore it too!

15. Lane says

That looks like a great book! My daughter LOVES to read and she adores books with animals. I just might have to check this one out! Thanks!

16. PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... says

Melissa, The pictures are awesome – I can see why the book would be such a hit!

I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and say hi!

17. PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... says

Melissa, The pictures are awesome – I can see why the book would be such a hit!

I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and say hi!

18. PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... says

Melissa, The pictures are awesome – I can see why the book would be such a hit!

I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and say hi!

19. Our Little Bubble says

Lovely family as well!! thanks for the comments on our fam pics and my sudo maternity shots :) I didn't see your follow tho? I'm your new follower. btw… love that board post, thinking we will get the boys that for Christmas in preparation for snowboarding in our new state Colorado next year :)