Wordless Wednesday- Look what Great-Grandma gave me!

My husband’s grandmother passed away in August. She was so dear to our family!  Last week, we found out that she wanted us to have her piano so my daughter could grow-up with music. We loved her so much and we are so glad have this wonderful piano in our home now. You are missed Grandma.

Wordless Wednesday  Look what Great Grandma gave me!
RSSSiggy Wordless Wednesday  Look what Great Grandma gave me!
PinExt Wordless Wednesday  Look what Great Grandma gave me!
  • vuible Wordless Wednesday  Look what Great Grandma gave me!
  • more Wordless Wednesday  Look what Great Grandma gave me!

Comments

1. Carrie with Children says

What a fantastic thing to leave behind for someone. She sounds like she was a terrific grandma! <3

2. Judy Haughton-James says

Your grandma has certainly left a great gift behind! A real lovely grandma. Your daughter seems ready to start playing right now!

3. Heather says

A wonderful gift from great grandma. Every time you guys hear the piano, you will think of her. Hayls will probably grow up associating the piano with her great grandma, how wonderful!

4. Mama Luvs Books says

That was so nice of her. It will be a good memory of her to have in your house, and music is important for kids to grow up with!

5. Sarah @ It's a Vol says

2 Things:

Hayley's hair is beautiful! So shiny!

I am so sorry for your loss and that is an amazing legacy for her great grandmother to leave. Very very special.

6. Kass says

aww.. I am hoping to have a piano in the house one day. Actually I was thinking today that the two things that our kids will do is that 1.) they will play an instrument and 2.) they will pick a sport to play.

7. Amber says

That's so sweet. My grandma plays the piano, too, and I have so many great memories listening to her play and of playing the piano at her house.

8. sophieandmomma says

:) That is wonderful that your grandma was able to pass something like this down to your daughter. It's a wonderful picture and tribute to your grandmother.

Hopping from the Mom Blog Monday Blog Hop–would love it if you came by mysite! New Follower of your blog too would love to build up GFC so if you like what you see on my blog would love a follow back! :) http://sophieandmomma.blogspot.com

9. Stephanie of Gumdrop Pass says

How very sweet. :) This is such a great picture. It's nice that your daughter was able to get to know her and that she will grow up with her piano. :)

10. Candice says

When my great grandmother passed away, I received her piano as well. My parents signed me up for lessons and I loved it. I'm sure Hayley will love it too :)

i'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. such a wonderful gift…one that will let her memory live on. hayley looks adorable and ready to play some tunes. :) from all the sweet stories you write of her, i'm sure she will be quite the lil' performer!
    hope your week is going well! have a GREAT thursday, melissa!!
    maria <3

12. Stefani @ MommyEnterprises.com says

I always wanted a piano as a little girl. I think I still wouldn't mind having one, as long as someone taught me how to play.

13. Michelle says

thanks for following my blog Mama's Baby Cupcakes through the Tales of the Nursery blog event.

I'm already a follower of your blog :)

Have a great weekend!

14. twinswithtots says

WE HAVE A PIANO THAT THE FAMILY HAS PASSED DOWN FOR GENERATIONS TOO. IT IS A SPECIAL TREAT TO PLAY IT AT MY SISTERS HOUSE. REMINDS ME OF MY GRAM EVER TIME.

15. Tory says

What an amazing blessing, Melissa. Your daughter and husband look so happy! Sorry for your loss, but it's amazing how people affect us after they are gone isn't it? Now you and your daughter will have a reminder of her grandma. That's priceless and something that no one can take away :) … Have a great weekend!