FACT: ONE THIRD OF ALL CHILDHOOD DEATHS ARE CAUSED BY UNDER NUTRITION
FACT: 190 MILLION CHILDREN SUFFER FROM VITAMIN A DEFICIENCIES WORLDWIDE
Sometimes, I take advantage of the fact that my children can have three meals a day. If they want a nutricious snack, it is easily at our disposal. I am privileged that I can afford vitamins with all the added nutrients to keep my children’s immune system up.
However, not all children are privileged. Kids are going to bed hungry day in and day out. Not only are they starving but they are not getting the added benefits of taking vitamins. Parents simply do not have the money or needs to provide nutrient-rich meals, let alone obtaining vitamins that give all their bodies subsequent nutrients that their little bodies need.
Vitamin Angels founder, Howard Schiffer, started Vitamin Angels with the hopes of letting young children survive and thrive. Their mission as an international/domestic program is to get children’s multivitamins to children under 5 as well as prenatal vitamins to those moms who simply can’t afford it. They also are striving to get vitamin A to children under 5. All these children need is two high doses of vitamin A a year to increase survival rates of 25%.
When I learned Whole Foods was sponsoring the Vitamin Angels foundation, I was not at all surprised. The supermarket is fantastic to begin with but by supporting such a great cause, they have really taken it to a new level. To help raise awarness of of Vitamin Angels, Whole Foods Market will donate $1.00 for the first 5,000 people to share their thoughts in response to the Viva Vitamin Angels podcast. To listen to this podcast, please visit:
It really takes a second to do and wouldn’t it be worth 2 seconds of your time to give these kids a chance to obtain these nutrients!
Enter to WIN A 20 Dollar Giftcard to Whole Foods:
Mandatory Entry: Visit:
and leave a comment about the podcast. Please comment below that you did so to be eligible.
Bonus Entries: ( Please leave a comment for each +1 entry)
1. Tweet the following about the givewaway: Enter to #win $20 #WholeFoods gift card to help Viva-Vitamins-Angels save undernourished mailto:children@dentistmel http://www.the-mommyhood-chronicles.com/( can do this once a day for +1 entry, leave separate comments each day if you do this). You can also tweet some form of this, just leave me the tweet link.
2. Follow me at twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dentistmel +1 entry
3. Like me on fb at http://www.facebook.com/TheMommyhoodChronicles +1 entry
4. Follow me via GFC +1 entry
5..Subscribe to my RSS feed: click on the first icon on the side +3 entries
6. Post the following as your fb status and leave me the link: Visit http://www.blog.wholefoodsmarket.com/2011/08/viva-vitamin-angels-2/#more-21630 and comment for Whole Foods to donate a dollar to this important cause of helping kids stay healthy. Please visit http://www.the-mommyhood-chronicles.com/ for your chance to win a $20 Whole Food gift card. +3 entries
7. Blog about this important cause as well as my contest in your description and leave me the link +5 entries
Contest ends Wednesday September 28, 2011. Please provide a valid email so I can reach you. You will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be choosen. Winner will be chosen by random.org.
*Disclaimer: Whole Foods provided me with a gift card in exchange for sharing this information. All the opinions expressed are my own.