Please hurricane don’t hit.

I posted a few days ago that I was nervous about leaving the kids. We’ll after reading all the comments, I started getting really excited. I made lists to pack up the children. For all those with kids, you know how daunting the packing process is. It took a full day to pack both of them – all the formula, sippy cups, bottles, clothes, pacifiers, etc.

As I was packing, I kept watching the news. It looked at first it wasn’t going to be a big deal with the hurricane. Always a chance meteorologists can be wrong? However, today I was watching and it looks like a severe hurricane is hitting with 100 percent certainty.

Most important is for everyone to be safe! It looks like it could cause catastrophic damage and I wishfully hope this hurricane is tamer than expected.

I know it is somewhat selfish to say but I really want to go on vacation. We were due to travel from New Jersey Sunday morning and it is looking dismal that this will happen. My husband and I really need a vacation and some alone time. We set up child care six months ago and worked our vacation around everyone’s schedule. My mom is returning to her teaching job next week and will be unable to watch our kids any other time for the next year.

It is impossible for me to fly early as I have a full patient load on Saturday and can’t take the day off. The only option was the flight on Sunday.

My biggest prayer is for everyone to stay safe. It would be nice to still go, but I understand nature will take it course. If it is in the cards, we will go.

Will we go, will we not go? Only nature knows… Be safe everyone!!

PinExt Please hurricane dont hit.
  • vuible Please hurricane dont hit.
  • more Please hurricane dont hit.

Comments

1. Karen says

Fingers crossed! Things will turn out how they're supposed to, you can't fight mother nature. Argh!!

2. Melissa @ Filling Our Bucket says

Oh no!!! Irene is messing up LOTS of plans!! I really hope it turns and we don't get hit, but you're right. It's not looking good. :(

Miracles can happen though, right?!

3. About Mrs. G says

Oh wow. I haven't been able to watch the news – or do anything for that matter lately. Good luck and keep safe!
    Thanks for linking up today at Kidding Around Friday. I'll check back for an update!

4. Paula Robinson says

new follower from the hop. Yes that hurricane is making me nervous too. BOOO if it foils your plans!

5. KERRY says

I hope everything is ok over there where you are!! How scary :(
    Hopefully you get that time away and the hurricane passes…
    Stay safe x

6. Jessica says

Yes I hope everyone is safe but totally know how you feel. My husband and I are planning a little 3 day trip {no kids} in a couple weeks and I am so looking forward to it, would be super disappointed if something came up and we weren't able to go. I hope it all works out and you get your vacation.

7. Teresa says

Oh me, what a disapointment! Thinking of all east coast folks tonight and praying for your safety! New follower here! Teresa

8. Alyssa Dyksterhouse says

Fingers crossed….maybe have a staycation sans kids.

Hopping over from Circle of Friends….

9. LOVE MELISSA:) says

Thanks everyone! I hope you all have a great weekend and please remember to be safe.